Buying rum?

Gambit6971

I posted this on the Bahamas board but haven't got a reply. I will be in the Bahamas on the Celebration in August. Everyone that I have asked what they want me to bring them back says a bottle of rum. How many bottles am I allowed to bring back with me?

It all depends on size. You are allowed 1 liter, for your self and one for the other. You can pay the taxs on more bottles if you want its not much, they might not even ask you to pay. I have for the last two times bought four liters, and put them on the form and nothing was said.

Actually we were allowed 2 bottles per adult. The customs form you have to fill out says 1 liter bottle per person but on the sign exiting the boat it said 2 and as it turned out when going through customs I declared 2 for my wife and 2 for me and was sent through without any problem. I guess the sign was correct.

I carried off 8 bottles last year and paid a small tax for the extra bottles but it was still worth it.

Archived