Paris - Foxity tour?

marylizcat

• 1 month later...
I wondered if anyone has done the Foxity bus tour of Paris and if so, what did they think of it?

Never heard of this companyFoxity and do not recall seeing a bus tour with that name. But here is my 2 cents.

We just returned from our first trip ever to europe and spent 3 days in Paris. We used www.sightseekersdelight.com for both concierge services (to plan our itinerary incl the number of every train we needed to take to get to each place) and 2 walking tours. In my opinion walking and using the metro is the best way to really get the feel and see Paris. I saw those huge sightseeing buses go by and were happy with our decision. The walking tours are 10 people max, although we only had 6 on one and just the 2 of us on the other. It is all so overwhelming and an expensive trip so i debated about it but in the end it was worth every penny. Good luck in whatever you decide you will love Paris!

Thanks very much for your response.

Foxity at www.foxity.com seem to offer a non-stop 1 hour 45 min tour of Paris on a double-decker bus. You get reserved seats and a roof if wet and it seemed to me to be a good way to begin our two days to get a good overview of the place.

We shall be using the ordinary buses and metro to get around the rest of the time. I have been to Paris a couple of times before, but our sons haven't, so I thought this would be a good introduction. Since nobody seems to know anything against it here or elsewhere on the net, I have gone ahead and booked it. It is pretty cheap anyway!

I will report back on our return for anybody who might be interested.

• 5 weeks later...

Just wanted to report that we did the Foxity tour and all went well and according to plan.

One thing had changed since I booked online. You still get on and do a complete circuit with no hopping on and off. However, you can join the tour at about four different stops now.

14 euros each. Kids free. 1 and 3/4 hours long.

Unlike the other buses, they have a roof if required.

I can recommend it.

Archived