Radiance Drydock

"Radiance will feature a Samba Grill where the current SeaView café currently is located, a Rita’s Cantina (which will located in the outdoor eating section of the WJ Cafe aft), an Izumi (located on the opposite side of whre Rita's Cantina will be located), our highly acclaimed Chef’s Table (which will be located where the current Card Room is located off the Colony Club, Giovanni’s Table will replace Portofino and both the Boardwalk DogHouse and the Park Café will be added!

The Diamond Lounge will be located on Deck 13 and be incorporated as part of the Viking Crown Lounge with it's own entry.

The Concierge Lounge will be relocated from Deck 10 to Deck 13 and replace the Hollywood Odyssey.

So Rita's will be outdoors? Or are they enclosing it? We were planning to have lunch there. Hope the Alaskan weather allows.

When you exit the WJ going towards the aft it is an open area with windows and is completely covered. In fact, you can walk all the way around from one side to the other and be under cover in the aft section of the ship.

When you exit the WJ going towards the aft it is an open area with windows and is completely covered. In fact, you can walk all the way around from one side to the other and be under cover in the aft section of the ship.

We love that open area to have lunch at, hope it is not all closed in!! The area at the far aft............. Or is it the area that had the big couches and table where people napped? It has windows and is closed in.....:confused: You say windows, so hope it is that side area and not the Aft open area.

We love that open area to have lunch at, hope it is not all closed in!! The area at the far aft............. Or is it the area that had the big couches and table where people napped? It has windows and is closed in.....:confused: You say windows, so hope it is that side area and not the Aft open area.

Yes, it's the area with the big plushy wicker chairs and tables when you walk out the WJ on the left hand side. There is also a cooking/serving area to the right after you go through the doors with grills and serving stations.

They actually used that area when the ship was first put into service for dining in the evenings. But it wasn't used as much as they had hoped, so they closed the cooking area and people just took their food out there from the WJ. I'm so glad to see that they are finally going to utilize it for something special. Let's hope it's a success.

Yes, it's the area with the big plushy wicker chairs and tables when you walk out the WJ on the left hand side. There is also a cooking/serving area to the right after you go through the doors with grills and serving stations.

They actually used that area when the ship was first put into service for dining in the evenings. But it wasn't used as much as they had hoped, so they closed the cooking area and people just took their food out there from the WJ. I'm so glad to see that they are finally going to utilize it for something special. Let's hope it's a success.

Thanks Patti, I remember they have cooking facilities out there. So, we will still have that open area for sitting and enjoying the wake then, like usual......:) less seating though...........

Patti, I have never been on Radiance so just let me ask a quick question. I can't remember if I already asked on the other thread (sorry)

I will have aft cabin 1104. Will Rita's be above me? ... If yes, then it will be way to noisy for me :eek: ... I think I remember someone saying the OPEN area is above me. I just want to make sure.

Patti' date=' I have never been on Radiance so just let me ask a quick question. I can't remember if I already asked on the other thread (sorry)

I will have aft cabin 1104. Will Rita's be above me? ... If yes, then it will be way to noisy for me :eek: ... I think I remember someone saying the OPEN area is above me. I just want to make sure.[/quote']

Your cabin is on Deck 10 aft and is located across the back of the ship and to the port side. Rita's will be on Deck 11, but on the starboard side of the WJ and not totally aft. The open area above you is the current outdoor aft eating section of the WJ.

Will you hear music/noise? That's a question that can only be answered once Rita's is up and running.

Your cabin is on Deck 10 aft and is located across the back of the ship and to the port side. Rita's will be on Deck 11, but on the starboard side of the WJ and not totally aft. The open area above you is the current outdoor aft eating section of the WJ.

Will you hear music/noise? That's a question that can only be answered once Rita's is up and running.

As long as it isn't directly above me, I am sure it will be fine :)

I understand that Radiance class ships do not have a Diamond lounge but a place where they hold the Diamond "nightly event" where only beer wine and champagne are served and no appetizers. Is this going to change after dry dock?

I understand that Radiance class ships do not have a Diamond lounge but a place where they hold the Diamond "nightly event" where only beer wine and champagne are served and no appetizers. Is this going to change after dry dock?

Yes, they will be incorporating a Diamond Lounge within the Viking Crown Lounge on Deck 13. It is to be a special section that may be partitioned off and will feature all the amenities that can be found in the Concierge Lounge which is also being moved to where the Hollywood Odyssey is currently located.

Both will have their own entry way, but be almost across from one another. There are no plans at this time to do anything like this to the other sister ships in the Radiance class.

Click on the following links and it will tell you the added charges.

Samba Grill

Rita’s Cantina

Izumi

Giovanni’s Table

Park Café

Or you can look at post #5 ;)

I wish Samba and Rita's had a menu ... but I am planning on going anyway! I am really excited about all the additions. :D So much food and so little time!! :eek:

DogHouse and Park Cafe no extra charge.

Rita's $7.95

Samba $25

Chops $25

Giovanni's $15

Izumi ... varies Set dinners $15-$25 /or ala carte

Chef's Table $75

Click on the following links and it will tell you the added charges.

Samba Grill

Rita’s Cantina

Izumi

Giovanni’s Table

Park Café

Thanks so much, I'm looking forward to trying Samba Grill.

I have mixed feelings about the changes. I am very disappointed that they are eliminating the Sea View in favor of a cover charge eatery. The Sea View Cafe is very popular, and getting rid of it for something we have to pay for seems like a crappy money grab on RCIs part. Hopefully the Boardwalk Dog House and the Park Cafe will not have cover charges and fill in gap of free dining options on board.

I don't fully understand how they are implementing the Rita's Cantina and Izumi, but I hope they don't fully eliminate the outdoor seating. The side areas with the wicker loungers was where we ate most often.

While I'm glad to see a Diamond Lounge being added, I will be sad to see Hollywood Odyssey go. Hopefully they will add a cigar lounge elsewhere. That was the only lounge on board where one could go to enjoy them.

Lastly, I am excited about them changing Portofino's into Giovanni's Table. I have never been interested in Portofino's menu. Hopefully the new place will be more appealing.

Archived