Rules for the WOW Sale

Sue L

[quote name='clarea']The WOW sale is just reduced deposit and on board credit. The actual prices for the cruise are not being lowered for the sale. So you can look at Royal's website now to see the prices, but wait until the 3rd to book. What Sue said was very important - do not put anything on hold because that will prevent you from booking whatever you put on hold during the WOW sale.[/QUOTE]

This is what I wanted to know. Thank you!

[quote name='Mparis184']I booked today on the Oasis because I got a better value added package today - the WOW would have cost me more money. It pays to shop around before you book.

Marion[/quote]

Same here. The prices haven't changed significantly but the perks the TA offers every few months were better than this sale. I also saw a TA offer last year around labor day that also offered 50% off reduced deposit, $100 OBC for 7 days, Spa Treatment, and Specialty Dining credit.

WOW is "Meh" for me so far. Wishing others get a good deal.

The Wow promotion doesn't benefit everyone...usually I would not be booking during the sale either...but for a short cruise I had planned for August it works...booking an inside so there is no D+ discount..and there are no C&A coupons for that time frame so might as well take the $50 deposit & $50 OBC...

[quote name='tinak']If I book tomorrow on the WOW sale and the price goes down...I can get the reduced rate right....:)[/quote]
Yes, you can get the reduced price up until 48 hours after the final payment date. However, you will lose the WOW sale on board credit if you change the ship or sail date.

OK, I have a question. If you book during the WOW sale and later a C&A coupon becomes available can you give up the OBC and apply the C&A discount instead or would you have to cancel the booking and make a new reservation at whatever the going price is of the cruise at that time?

[quote name='Ocean Boy']OK, I have a question. If you book during the WOW sale and later a C&A coupon becomes available can you give up the OBC and apply the C&A discount instead or would you have to cancel the booking and make a new reservation at whatever the going price is of the cruise at that time?[/quote]
You would have the option to give up the OBC and apply the C&A coupon. Cancelling can be very bad as you could be rebooking at much higher prices.

[quote name='clarea']You would have the option to give up the OBC and apply the C&A coupon. Cancelling can be very bad as you could be rebooking at much higher prices.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! That is the answer that I was hoping for beause of the fact that prices may have increased at the time.

[quote name='kc320']The Wow promotion doesn't benefit everyone...usually I would not be booking during the sale either...but for a short cruise I had planned for August it works...booking an inside so there is no D+ discount..and there are no C&A coupons for that time frame so might as well take the $50 deposit & $50 OBC...[/QUOTE]

That's exactly my thought. Works for a 4-nighter inside. Freebie $50 is excellent!

[quote name='Butch Snider']Used the WOW sale to get the $200 OBC for my Jan. 2012 cruise. We prefer to book directly through RCCI over a TA, so the OBC is a great perk for us.[/quote]

I am just wondering what the "perk" is besides the 1/2 deposit? Please let me know if I am missing something. We always book directly and then switch to a great travel agent that either gives on board credit, trip insurance or free tips (which ever is more.)

I thought even though you paid 1/2 of the deposit, you couldn't switch ships? I guess I don't get the draw, you still have to pay the money?

Thanks and please let me know if I'm missing a great deal!

[quote name='funfamilyfun']I am just wondering what the "perk" is besides the 1/2 deposit? Please let me know if I am missing something. We always book directly and then switch to a great travel agent that either gives on board credit, trip insurance or free tips (which ever is more.)

I thought even though you paid 1/2 of the deposit, you couldn't switch ships? I guess I don't get the draw, you still have to pay the money?

Thanks and please let me know if I'm missing a great deal![/QUOTE]

You can book directly get the obc being offered with the WOW and transfer to a
TA within the new time frame and get perks from them.

[quote name='3dogmom']Can a WOW sale booking be cancelled, not replacing it with another cruise but completely cancelled? Would the deposit be refunded?[/quote]
Yes, the deposit is fully refundable, up until final payment date.

It makes me nervous that the online docs don't show anything related to this "sale" even after you've paid the reduced deposit, and the OBC won't show up for a few weeks.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Canadian Tyler']Just to clarify, if I booked during the Wow sale and received the OBC and then transferred to a TA, do I lose the Wow sale's OBC?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not, you will keep any and all perks from the WOW, they did change the time allowed to transfer to a TA in the US, not sure if it applies to Canada also.

• 4 weeks later...
I didn't see my question or answer anywhere, so here it is. I booked during the May WOW sale cat. E2. At the time E1 and E2 were the same price, and have been since then. Yesterday I checked and the E2 prices dropped $50.pp, a savings of $100. for us. Can we drop down a cat. and keep our WOW sale benefits?

[quote name='karinad']I didn't see my question or answer anywhere, so here it is. I booked during the May WOW sale cat. E2. At the time E1 and E2 were the same price, and have been since then. Yesterday I checked and the E2 prices dropped $50.pp, a savings of $100. for us. Can we drop down a cat. and keep our WOW sale benefits?[/QUOTE]

Other than changing ships or sailing dates you should be good.

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Just a word of warning, I’ve cruised many times, thought I was very experienced when it came to booking cruises at reasonable prices etc. but…… [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman] I’d never before “put a hold” on the Royal Carribean web site for a cruise, I did so recently simply because it was late at night and I wanted to discuss the itinerary the next morning with my husband before actually booking the cruise. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]The WOW sale appeared online the very next morning (only a few hours later) and because I had put a hold on the cruise I was not considered eligible for any WOW sale discount. They consider a hold the same as a reservation. I appealed with Royal Caribbean by phone and by email to no avail. To make matters worse, a travel agent I had used in the past was offering an additional $100 OBC on that specific cruise. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]It’s only a 4 day cruise, the price is reasonable so I’ll chalk this up to experience. I just wanted to share the experience in case someone else did not realize that a “hold” is considered an actual reservation and could cause a loss of perks. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='Sailorstoo'][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Just a word of warning, I’ve cruised many times, thought I was very experienced when it came to booking cruises at reasonable prices etc. but…… [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]I’d never before “put a hold” on the Royal Carribean web site for a cruise, I did so recently simply because it was late at night and I wanted to discuss the itinerary the next morning with my husband before actually booking the cruise. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]The WOW sale appeared online the very next morning (only a few hours later) and because I had put a hold on the cruise I was not considered eligible for any WOW sale discount. They consider a hold the same as a reservation. I appealed with Royal Caribbean by phone and by email to no avail. To make matters worse, a travel agent I had used in the past was offering an additional $100 OBC on that specific cruise. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]It’s only a 4 day cruise, the price is reasonable so I’ll chalk this up to experience. I just wanted to share the experience in case someone else did not realize that a “hold” is considered an actual reservation and could cause a loss of perks. [/FONT][/SIZE][/quote]
That really sucks! You were only holding it and didn't deposit it?!! RC should have a rule about if there's a sale in such amt. of time.

Archived