What's up with the Disney Wonder? 4-30-11

AirbusPat

I saw the Disney Wonder approach San Francisco early yesterday morning. Today when I flew back to SFO I saw her at Pier#35. She was leaving this afternoon for Victoria according to the Port of San Francisco cruise ship schedule.

Well I saw the ship leave from my house and I have been tracking it on (Marinetraffic.com). The ship traveled about 25 miles outside the Golden Gate Bridge and has made a 180 and looks to be returning to San Francisco. As of 19:22 PDT she is just about to pass under the GG bridge.

Anybody know what's up? :confused:

It looks like the Disney Wonder is back underway. She is headed for the GG bridge right now. I hope all the passengers look at the situation as part of the adventure of cruising.:D

CC folks, sorry about the double post. I was having some problems with the web site.

The majority of the time they do that, its due to a medical emergency. They were probably close enough to come back close to land for the Coast Guard to take someone off, of a lifeboat to run someone in to shore to meet an ambulance.

We were on the ship. We left SF late the first time because a passenger did not make it back onto the ship on time (according to Guest services). Then we turned around about 2 hours later to drop off someone with a medical emergency. Our head waiter also told us that a day later between SF and Victoria, another passenger was airlifted off for a medical emergency, but that has not been confirmed.

Archived