Diamond Aug 8 Athens/Istanbul

Robyn52

Spending 3 weeks travelling around Russia before joining Radisson Diamond on Aug.8 in Athens for Greek Isle cruise. My question is how formal is the dressing on Radisson in the evening? I will need clothes for 2 seasons on this trip. If too formal may well have to have dinners on my balcony (not too hard to take). Coming from Australia am casual dresser but this may not be acceptable!

Would really appreciate replies.

Radisson is an upscale cruise experience and therefore will be more dressy than other mass market cruise lines. Formal generally will mean tuxes or dark suits for the men and a long gown or evening pants and sparkly tops for the women. Informal will be sport jacket and dress shirt and slacks for the men and nice dresses or suits for the women. Casual is something like khaki slacks and collared shirts for the men and sundresses, slacks or capris and nice tops for the women. Be very careful in Athens because of the Olympics at that time. Security will be intense and many things will be delayed or even cancelled due to security restrictions and horribly heavy traffic. Just be prepared for anything in Athens. Athens is a little wacky at most other times with terrible traffic but it will be especially bad at the time you're there.

Darcie

Archived