Our day in Belize Cave Tubing

2FromTN

We just got back a week ago from a trip on RCI's Splendour of the Seas in which we visited Grand Cayman Islands, Costa Maya, Belize, and Cozumel. I have compiled a fairly lengthy journal/review and posted it on my website (it all wouldn't fit here). If you are visiting any of these ports you may get some helpful hints from it. I have also uploaded a bunch of photos which you can look at.

Here's the link:

http://cruising.thestansfields.com/splendour2005Journal.asp

Specifically if you are interested in our cave tubing adventure please check out Day 5 at the link above

If you have any questions, please post here or send me an email from the link on the website.

Thanks so much for sharing your photos. They were great!! I am going to show them to my 13 year old boys to give them an idea of what we will be seeing in about 5 weeks from now!!! We will be visiting the same ports as you did, but we will be sailing on the Carnival Miracle. I really appreciated your pictures! Thanks again!

2fromTN, (Steve) Did you read that thread about someone getting bit by a snake? Wasn't that the day you were there? Did you hear anything re. that? I am prone to think it isn't true.

Michelle

We were there that day and I didn't hear of any snake bite while we were out there. We were on the Splendour and that is the same ship of the person who supposedly was bitten and there was no official announcement or anything about this event. I have to say we did hear a few rumors while we were disembarking the ship in Tampa about a snake bite but not really any details. While we were there, I can't even remember seeing any animals (other than little fish). We didn't even have to wear insect repellent.

Just got back today and we did the cave tubing Thursday. It was great!! No bugs or snakes. All you need is a little energy for the short hike with tube in hand. Water is a little chilly, the tour guide said it was about 74 degrees. However it is refreshing after the hike.

Archived