Mallorca,Barcelona ands Seville in winter

Hi everybody!

in Nowember we will be visiting these cities on our cruise.

If it was summer our onlychoice would be beach and water sports but as it is not,we are stuck..

So i would really appreciate any recommendations from locals and cruisers who had been in the same situation!!

thank you all!!

Ozy

Hello from Barcelona.

Well, November is a bit risky to go to the beach but not too cold. In Seville you may still have heat. In Barcelona and Mallorca temperatures are somewhat lower but I do not think it gets cold.

Greetings.

Edu.

Hello again.

Well, the boats stop in Barcelona with a duration of about 10 or 12 hours. You can walk to "Las Ramblas" "The Gothic Quarter" market "La Boqueria"the cathedral, eating in a restaurant of the "Olympic Village" and in the evening to admire some of the works of Gaudí.

In Mallorca I only know the Cathedral.

In Seville I recommend that you sit in a bar next to the Guadalquivir River and enjoy some "tapas ".

Happy cruising !!!!!!

Edu.

Well I would agree with everything Edunava said about Barcelona. It is an easy city to walk round but you can get sometimes get a bus trip that takes you up to the Olympic Village. If you don't want to go there, you can walk up Las Ramblas and see the street "statues", see the Gaudi buildings and the beautiful Sagrada Familia which is still being built but is an amazing cathedral. If you like shopping you have the Corte Ingles store which is on several floors. Lots of places on Las Ramblas to eat and drink.

Palma - You have the Cathedral and the promenade but if you want to venture out a bit, depending on time, you can catch the train from Plaza Espana that takes you through the mountains to Soller a small town, with it's beach just about a mile from the town. Have a wander around there (its not a big town) but nice beach and the scenery is stunning. It's only about 30-40 mins from Palma.

Or you could catch a bus to Valldemosa and see the home of Chopin. You should be able to get Mallorcan public transport timetables on the internet. This all of course depends on your schedule.

If you dont want to travel far, you have the resorts of Palma Nova and Magalluf which are within a short bus distance from Palma. None of them particularly attractive and just tourist resorts with lots of hotels.

Puerto Andraitx is a beautiful harbour which is just to the west of Palma. You can get a bus there.

For more tourist info, have a look at http://www.majorca-mallorca.co.uk as this gives you approx prices of taxi fares to different places but buses will be a lot cheaper.

I have been to Majorca many times but think these are the best places for you to try if you have limited time. Hope that helps.

Archived