Mykonos Beaches and transportation

beckytravel

We want to go to the beach are the busses reliable. I want to go to a pretty beach and I am having trouble deciding. The cruise has an excursion for $24 pp that seems high. We are a party of 4. What beach has taxis readily available.

We want to go to the beach are the busses reliable. I want to go to a pretty beach and I am having trouble deciding. The cruise has an excursion for $24 pp that seems high. We are a party of 4. What beach has taxis readily available.

We've been to Platy Gialos several times on the bus from Mykonos town. It's very much a family beach. Have a look at this website for descriptions of it, and other beaches on Mykonos.

Buses: have a look at this website for a map of Mykonos town. You'll see the bus terminal for Platy Gialos (and other destinations) over on the left-hand side of the map. The journey takes about 10 minutes, and I think there's a bus every half hour during most of the day (it might be once an hour over the lunchtime). I think you can buy tickets on the bus, but most people (including us) get them from one of the mini-markets around the bus area - you can also get water and other items at the same time. At Platy Gialos there's another mini-market just up the road from where the bus turns round (it's the end of the route) where you can buy the ticket back.

Taxis: very few on Mykonos altogether - it's a very small island. On Mykonos, I wouldn't rely on finding a taxi anywhere!

Is there another convenient ( to bus transportation) beach you would suggest

Paradise is the other obvious one you can reach by bus from Mykonos town. It's less of a family beach, more a young person's beach - there are beach bars, there may well be music, etc, etc. There may also be unclothed people - traditionally Paradise was a clothing-optional beach, or had a clothing-optional area.

From Paradise you can walk round on Super Paradise which, I gather, is similar only more so, i.e. younger, louder, nuder. Perhaps less developed, though?

Archived