vancouver....Big Bus or Trolley

We are a family of 6 and I was wondering what people thought and preferred of these 2 options? We did a lot of the double decker hohos when we were in Europe....does anyone know if the bus to live commentary or Taped?

We are planning on doing 2 days and leaning towards Trolley because they do more stops in Stanley park. They no longer have the free shuttle in park anymore...

Love thoughts

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from Vancouver and we did the Trolley. First big reason was the buy 1 day get 1 day free deal that we got online! Having a live narrator is nice. We did certain parts of the tour 4+ times and learned different things each time. It was nice to get a new perspective!

Here`s the Trolley web site link:

http://vancouvertrolley.com/

And here`s the Big Bus link

http://bigbus.ca/home/route-map

Hope this helps - right now Groupon has a 50% discount coupon for the Big Bus or at least it did a couple of days ago.

On a warm sunny day like today sitting out in the open air Big Bus would be my preference - don`t worry if the weather is iffy they have fully covered buses to use.

Cheers

Dennis

The Groupon deal is a great one and it is very compelling... with that deal even I would have trouble not saying "just do it". However the one thing to remember their narration is canned on the Big Bus as compared to the Vancouver Trolley's which is live. Stay tuned though....the two HOHO's are competitors and likely the Trolley will have to find someway to match the Groupon deal.

Interesting, every time you think Grayline is dead in Vancouver they reappear with another format, however as I read it, they are not doing the HOHO thing.

On a personal note one of my DDIL starts work on June 1st on a contract as the manager of the "Run for the Cure" for BC.

`they are not doing the HOHO thing`

From their web site:

`We offer hop-on hop-off tours of Vancouver, BC ` so perhaps you can get on and off at any location just not ride all day - perhaps it is time to talk to one of the drivers and get clarification - some of the buses they are using look like the ones that use to operate in Victoria - double deckers etc so I wonder if West Coast brought some of there rolling stock - there is also a Pink Bus running in Seattle as well and it has the Gray Line logo on it

On another subject - Canucks on to the Stanley Cup finals and will the journey start tonight.

Cheers

Dennis

You are correct of course. I find the pink rather hard to read and missed it completely...in fact a couple of minutes later I am still having trouble seeing. One thing that you may have noticed is that the full loop of Stanley Park is only offered on Tues, Fri, Sat & Sun. Their pricing is about the same as the Trolley and they include a stop at Waterfront Station which is a plus. Yes, the thought went thru my head..."I think I know where these buses have come from".

I know where I will be a 6 pm this evening.:)

I will actually hit the bar at 5:15 - they are taking reservations and my good buddy once again has us on the list but first will do a few more enumerating calls - if I don`t go out and make some calls and get some results I can`t put in for any pay and I have to pay for the hockey drinks and upcoming cruises somehow

Just in case you have`nt seen enough Pink today - attached is a picture of the Pink Bus in Front of Canada Place.

Cheers

Dennis

DSC07561.jpg.f88f70ca77be4adf10f8a69d7e501dc4.jpg

Archived