Worries about air travel?????

neo-cruiser

Flying tomorrow for our Alaska cruise and prepared for high security and possible waits.:confused:

I leave for my cruise aboard the Dream on saturday, luckily I'm a few hours from Pt. Canaveral so I am driving, just wondering what all the people flying are expecting.

Is anyone out there in cruisecritic-dome worried about upcoming travel plans now that Osama Bin Laden was killed? just curious...:confused:

absolutely! and until i see those taking security seriously as opposed to the charade that goes on with patting down nuns and children as opposed to proper profiling, i have decided we will no longer fly.

wake up folks. the perps still get on the planes or past security.

absolutely! and until i see those taking security seriously as opposed to the charade that goes on with patting down nuns and children as opposed to proper profiling, i have decided we will no longer fly.

wake up folks. the perps still get on the planes or past security.

I have NO problem seeing a "nun" or child patted down...people use their children for all kinds of illegal activities because they will not be "suspected" or patting a child down is not PC...and how do I know the woman next to me is a nun and not in a disguise??? There should be pat downs and extra security checks for everyone not just those that fit the "profile". Terrorists are looking for non-profile people...

If it means I feel and am safer PAT AWAY...

No we are not worried about flying, we do it a lot and nothing is going to stop us from flying. Fact is the odds of dying in a plane is quite small, infact you have a much higher chance of dying while driving in a car. hubby flies out just about every week . We fly out of an international airport but its not a big airport, we get the whole show of getting patdowns ect.

I have NO problem seeing a "nun" or child patted down...people use their children for all kinds of illegal activities because they will not be "suspected" or patting a child down is not PC...and how do I know the woman next to me is a nun and not in a disguis??? There should be pat downs and extra security checks for everyone not just those that fit the "profile". Terrorists are looking for non-profile people...

If it means I am safer PAT AWAY...

so I guess you agree we are not safe.

so I guess you agree we are not safe.

Flying has never been completely safe...nothing is 100% full-proof...what I am saying is that I do not feel any less safe then I did before. I just support the measures the TSA deems appropriate to protect my safety to the best of their ability...whatever that may be...

Flying has never been completely safe...nothing is 100% full-proof...what I am saying is that I do not feel any less safe then I did before. I just support the measures the TSA deems appropriate to protect my safety to the best of their ability...whatever that may be...

then they have sold and you have bought their bill of goods.

then they have sold and you have bought their bill of goods.

Well you feel one way I feel another...I'm not going to argue on a cruise web site about this I have better things to do...I myself will enjoy cruising, flying and vacationing as I have always done. :)

I have NO problem seeing a "nun" or child patted down...people use their children for all kinds of illegal activities because they will not be "suspected" or patting a child down is not PC...and how do I know the woman next to me is a nun and not in a disguise??? There should be pat downs and extra security checks for everyone not just those that fit the "profile". Terrorists are looking for non-profile people...

Really. Have you ever seen the documentary Please remove your shoes? It scared the hell out of me.

In case you haven't seen it, it is about the people who's job it is to try to sneak things past the screeners. The precentage of items caught range from 22% to 53%. That means at the BEST airport, still almost 50% was missed and these guys have to play by rules that say they cannot HIDE the things because that would be cheating.

One guy put a 2 pound bomb in his carryon, covered it with a sweater and put a water bottle on top. His water was taken.

But to answer the OP's question, no, I am not afraid to fly. I am flying tomorrow in fact.

Really. Have you ever seen the documentary Please remove your shoes? It scared the hell out of me.

In case you haven't seen it, it is about the people who's job it is to try to sneak things past the screeners. The precentage of items caught range from 22% to 53%. That means at the BEST airport, still almost 50% was missed and these guys have to play by rules that say they cannot HIDE the things because that would be cheating.

One guy put a 2 pound bomb in his carryon, covered it with a sweater and put a water bottle on top. His water was taken.

yet, she's gonna enjoy cruising, flying and vacationing as she has always done.

amazing some trust people have.

Is anyone out there in cruisecritic-dome worried about upcoming travel plans now that Osama Bin Laden was killed? just curious...:confused:

No.

But to answer the OP's question, no, I am not afraid to fly. I am flying tomorrow in fact.

I know about the threats...I know about the terrorists...I know about whose job it is to test security and things get through...I know the dangers etc...I already stated that no system is full-proof...as long as there is a will there will be a way...the OP's question was am I worried now that Osama is dead....my answer is NOT ANYMORE THAN I WAS...I am observant of what happens around me and I refuse to let it change my actions or how I live is all I am saying....I see why some people don't respond to anything political...it seems one can not have their own views without others judgements...

Oh and just last week they found TNT on my husbands shoes. And we flew no problem ( the machine was not properly cleaned he checked out fine with the other machine. And we were not near anything explosive

100% agreed

Archived