Holiday Sailing with 2 year old

jlaxelrod

My DH and I are booked to sail over Christmas this year with our DD who will be 2 on the Crown Princess. We are now getting cold feet that the ship will be just too crowded for us and thinking of sailing the week before. Has anyone done a Holiday cruise with a toddler? Is it worth it, or should we book the week before and save the money. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Also, if we change weeks, we can choose between the Crown Princess and the Grand Princess. While the Crown is newer, Ive read that the Grand has a a toddler pool with a little slide. Assuming our DD is potty trained by that point, has anyone had experience with the pool and is it worth going on the older ship?

Thanks!

I don't know the answers to your other questions, but I can tell you the ship will be very crowded over Christmas, and pretty crowded the week before. To avoid the crowds, IME, you need to sail before the second week in December.

My DH and I are booked to sail over Christmas this year with our DD who will be 2 on the Crown Princess. We are now getting cold feet that the ship will be just too crowded for us and thinking of sailing the week before. Has anyone done a Holiday cruise with a toddler? Is it worth it, or should we book the week before and save the money. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Also, if we change weeks, we can choose between the Crown Princess and the Grand Princess. While the Crown is newer, Ive read that the Grand has a a toddler pool with a little slide. Assuming our DD is potty trained by that point, has anyone had experience with the pool and is it worth going on the older ship?

Thanks!

I can tell you from our experience cruising over Thanksgiving, you will be sailing with many families and extended family members. Lots of kiddos on these sailings, which could be good or bad depending on your opinion. I will say though, it has never been so crowded or full of screaming kids that we have not enjoyed our vacation.

Should you change your time frame? For me, I would be more concerned about school break timing, work vacation days and price/value. If you have flexibility in these areas, save your self a few bucks and go a few weeks earlier. If not, go with your first plan.....you will most certainly enjoy it!

:D

Archived