Cocoa Beach hotels?

We are going out of Port Canaveral next March on the Freedom, we have a large group and have booked rooms at the International Palms Resort, after reading reviews this hotel is starting to scare me! Has anyone stayed there? We like the idea that they have a $20.00 food credit and transfers are included in our price too, but like I said the reviews are making me think twice! It's right on the beach which is a plus, but??? Any info is greatly appreciated.:o

I've stayed in Cocoa Beach several times and let me first say that most hotels in that area are very "basic". We stayed at the Hilton last year, it's nice, but even it is one of the poorer Hiltons around. We are staying there in 3 weeks and chose the Doubletree this time (owned by Hilton) hoping it will be better.

International Palms is a very BASIC hotel, outdoor corridors, somewhat run down and plain. It's not a dump, dont get me wrong, so as long as this is only 1 pre cruise night and your party is not picky you should be ok. I've heard they are cleaning the place up and rennovating so it might be better than before. Also, check out http://www.kayak.com because for the last several months on and off they have been offering International Palms through one of the booking agents for $49/night (no food credit). If they charge you full rate of $98 then I'd say pass it up and stay at the Hilton or Marriott for $115-$135/nt.

Have a wonderful cruise

I live in Orlando. However, on several occassions we have stayed at the Radisson Hotel in Cocoa. It is not on the beach but just across the street. It is one of the closest hotels to the pier. The hotel has a beautiful grotto style resort pool and the rooms are clean and nice. They have a cruise package that includes, breakfast buffet and free parking for the week you are crusing and free back and forth shuttle to the pier. This free parking is a plus b/c pier parking is about $110. for the week.

I second the vote for the Radisson Resort at the Port -- really nice place with gorgeous surroundings. DS and I always flew in a day before our DCL cruises and stayed there, and it was such a great, relaxing way to start a vacation just hanging out by their beautiful pool. Love that place!!

Third vote for Radisson at the Port. Have stayed there four times and will be their again this Oct. and next Oct. Just love this place and free shuttle to the ship with stay & park pkg. Just google it and it will show you all kinds of pix--beautiful pool area and great food by the pool bar!! Not to mention the good drinks. LOL

Check the "Florida Departures" board on here. Lots of information on hotels in the Cocoa Beach/Cape Canaveral area. Personally I like the Residence Inn near the port in Cape Canaveral.

I'm close to booking the Freedom out of Port Canaveral in November. It looks like the Radisson might be the place we stay pre cruise thanks to everyone at CC. The other option would be to fly in two days early, stay in Orlando and do one of the theme parks. I'm still undecided.

Just back from Port Canaveral and we stay at the Courtyard by Marriott which is about a 4 miles away from port. We have stayed at the Radison several times and found it to be ok, but after reading recent reveiws decided to try another hotel. Our cab driver told us that the Radison is about to under go a major upgrade to rooms and lobby...

Courtyard was very nice.. Also has a shuttle to ships, or you can take a taxi for under $20..

Their also is a Country Inn and Suites and a Fairfield Inn that is so close by you can see the ships at the pier.

Our preferred hotel in the area is Residence Inn by Marriot in Cape Canaveral. It's just 2 blocks south of the port, relatively new and very clean, all-suites, full breakfast included, and a wonderful staff. And, it gets MUCH better reviews on Trip Advisor than the Radisson at the Port.

Never stayed at any of the hotels at the port area. I do have a reservation at the Marriott in Cape Canaveral. For the hotel and round trip transfers (from airport to hotel, to pier and back to airport for 2 pp) is $233 including taxes.

Our vote would be for the Country Inn & Suites. We purchased the cruise package back in January and were very pleased. Very nice, clean hotel and close to the port. We had a view of the port from our room so we literally got to watch our "ship come in" the next morning. If you purchase the cruise package, you get to park your car free at the hotel and they will transfer you to and from the port. Breakfast is also included.

Country Inn & Suites

We stayed there for two nights last month and this hotel was so beautiful and I would love to go back there again...

We had been in Radison hotel but we vote for Country Inn & Suites best...

Scottishwee35

Definately take the advice of people who have stayed somewhere quiet...we stayed on CCB, right on the beach in March , and I can't remember the name of our place, it was 10 years ago before a Disney Cruise, but I was shocked at how many spring breakers there were! And the worst of it was that these were middle and high schoolers there with their parents.:eek: Everyone, kids and adults was blotto, the kids had their "own rooms" and were up literally all night! It was miserable with a 5 and 7 yo. Thanks goodness, it was only one night! I don't kow if CCB has changed significantly since then, but I would not book on the beach during March unless you get reviews from people who have stayed there during that time.

Country Inn and Suites looks beautiful! I do think we are going to make a switch. I like the idea of the International Palms Resort being right on the beach, but it really didn't get good reviews, and for the little price difference I'd rather be at a cleaner hotel! Thanks all for your help:o

We're staying at the Comfort Suites. Basic hotel, but clean and convenient and cost efficient. Rooms around $80 including a basic breakfast. Don't need that much cause lunch in the Windjammer is right around the corner from breakfast. They have a pkg that includes p/u at airport to hotel, night stay, shuttle to port and then back to airport.

Across the street is a Publix and Walgreens and CVS if you need tp pick up anything. Also a Beall's for the shopping ladies (Outlet) Homey franchised (I think) Ihop across the street and a good Italian restaurant up the street. Perfect if you have no car

We're staying at the Comfort Suites. Basic hotel, but clean and convenient and cost efficient. Rooms around $80 including a basic breakfast. Don't need that much cause lunch in the Windjammer is right around the corner from breakfast. They have a pkg that includes p/u at airport to hotel, night stay, shuttle to port and then back to airport.

Across the street is a Publix and Walgreens and CVS if you need tp pick up anything. Also a Beall's for the shopping ladies (Outlet) Homey franchised (I think) Ihop across the street and a good Italian restaurant up the street. Perfect if you have no car

Could you tell me which Comfort Suites, the package you have sounds great for the night before we get on the ship. Thanks in advance.

For those who don't know yet, Port Canaveral is now charging commercial vehicles to enter the port. Due to this, the Radisson is going to start charging for their shuttle to the port.

Check out the "I live in Port Canaveral" thread in the Florida departures, there is a copy of an email from the Radisson's manager.

Archived