Royal caribean price drop after payment £500

dickdastardley

Well we are a bit cheesed of to say the least to find out our cruise has dropped in price by £500 :( so we rang our travel agent who couldn`t of cared less and said it was nothing to do with them and to speak to Royal caribean! even though we found out that royal caribean actually own our travel agent, No one seems to care once you have paid and they just pass you from one department to another and tell you different stories! They say they are looking in to it and will get back to us within the week but i won`t hold my breath:( We are crown and anchor members too and this is where they show there loyalty towards you (NOT) The agent even said this is what happens when you book early ha, But on royal caribeans web site they tell you to book early for the best discounts, Once bitten ehh, Think we will be looking elsewhere next year..

Well we are a bit cheesed of to say the least to find out our cruise has dropped in price by £500 :( so we rang our travel agent who couldn`t of cared less and said it was nothing to do with them and to speak to Royal caribean! even though we found out that royal caribean actually own our travel agent, No one seems to care once you have paid and they just pass you from one department to another and tell you different stories! They say they are looking in to it and will get back to us within the week but i won`t hold my breath:( We are crown and anchor members too and this is where they show there loyalty towards you (NOT) The agent even said this is what happens when you book early ha, But on royal caribeans web site they tell you to book early for the best discounts, Once bitten ehh, Think we will be looking elsewhere next year..

Thats terrible service. RCI will give you the price drop after final payment as a credit on your credit card so you need to get back to your TA and insist that they follow it up for you!! On Sunday I notice a big movement in prices on our cruise so phoned Royal (albeit we did book direct but that shouldnt make any difference) and we have moved from a D1 to a GS AND they have credited us back £221 on my credit card.

I would phone them again if I were you (TA's dont always like doing it but they should do it anyway) Good luck.

The price drop may be for "New Bookings Only" you actually cannot see this..only RCCL or TA would know this by booking codes.....I would recommend...you get straight back onto your TA...request to speak to a supervisor...and ask for a Conference call between yourself, TA & RCCL so that you can find out what is going on.

Do it as soon as you can. I would also recommend you check on RCCL UK website that the price drop is on your category of cabin booked...and take a Print Screen shot of the price so you have proof of the price.

Good luck. :D

Thanks for the reply trolleydolly, Rc have told me that they will get in touch with the revenue department and get the travel agent to ring us but it may be a week before i get a call:confused: I think there pricing policy is a disgrace as they have different prices on there web site and travel agents are much cheaper! Whats that all about! And i wouldnt make such a fuss if the travel agent i used wasn`t owned by them, so basically i think they should honour me the lower price. and the fact that they won`t give me a definitive answer

The price drop may be for "New Bookings Only" you actually cannot see this..only RCCL or TA would know this by booking codes.....I would recommend...you get straight back onto your TA...request to speak to a supervisor...and ask for a Conference call between yourself, TA & RCCL so that you can find out what is going on.

Do it as soon as you can. I would also recommend you check on RCCL UK website that the price drop is on your category of cabin booked...and take a Print Screen shot of the price so you have proof of the price.

Good luck. :D

Thanks for your reply, do you think RCCL should still refund me if i have gone through a travel agent especially as the travel agent is owned by Royal caribean as neither seem to want to take responsibility, I am waiting for the travel agent to contact me but feel they won`t bother! I will give the 24 hrs then will contact them , i have printed off the new price from the travel agents web site;)

Thanks for your reply, do you think RCCL should still refund me if i have gone through a travel agent especially as the travel agent is owned by Royal caribean as neither seem to want to take responsibility, I am waiting for the travel agent to contact me but feel they won`t bother! I will give the 24 hrs then will contact them , i have printed off the new price from the travel agents web site;)

Most UK TA will give a price drop...though some wont...it used to be that all UK TAs had to do it but that is sadly no longer the case.

It all depends on if the new price is for new bookings only or not.

Have you checked the Terms and Conditions on your TA's website with regards to price drops ?

Do not let your TA off with this..be firm yet polite and ask for a conference call if they continue to fob you off without a reasonable explanation as to why they wont give you the price drop.

What ship and sailing by the way and what category of cabin have you booked?

Most UK TA will give a price drop...though some wont...it used to be that all UK TAs had to do it but that is sadly no longer the case.

It all depends on if the new price is for new bookings only or not.

Have you checked the Terms and Conditions on your TA's website with regards to price drops ?

Do not let your TA off with this..be firm yet polite and ask for a conference call if they continue to fob you off without a reasonable explanation as to why they wont give you the price drop.

What ship and sailing by the way and what category of cabin have you booked?

Thanks for your reply,

Royal caribean have stated that it is for new bookings as they were unable to access any codes?? I have checked the terms and conditions of the travel company but there are none regarding price changes (suprisingly) but surely if owned by Royal caribean then they would be the same? clever wording maybe? I am cruising on the ios 25th june 2011 med treasures cabin is n grade deck 8, I don`t expect something for nothing but a £500 drop is unacceptable in my view

Thanks again

Thanks for your reply,

Royal caribean have stated that it is for new bookings as they were unable to access any codes?? I have checked the terms and conditions of the travel company but there are none regarding price changes (suprisingly) but surely if owned by Royal caribean then they would be the same? clever wording maybe? I am cruising on the ios 25th june 2011 med treasures cabin is n grade deck 8, I don`t expect something for nothing but a £500 drop is unacceptable in my view

Thanks again

I just want to confim the price drop is on a category N ?

Its not the Guarantee Category?

I just want to confim the price drop is on a category N ?

Its not the Guarantee Category?

Hi, Just to confirm, i actually rang the ta this morning as i noticed that the price drop and it was for the category n on all decks as they gave a list so i asked the operator to double check and she actually offered me a category n for the lower price and said it was available to book now

Thanks again

Hi, Just to confirm, i actually rang the ta this morning as i noticed that the price drop and it was for the category n on all decks as they gave a list so i asked the operator to double check and she actually offered me a category n for the lower price and said it was available to book now

Thanks again

Thanks Richard

I am wondering if there are two codes on this N category and perhaps your TA has not thought of this...I have heard of this sort of thing before.

Sometimes there may be a low price for new bookings and a slightly higher price for the same category for those already booked.

So for example it may be - £500 for new booking but £550 for already booked.

It all depends I think on if when you booked there was a certain code attached to your booking. I am not a TA I have just picked up a few things on here over the years.

Oh a thought...is your booking in with a group booking ?

Thanks Richard

I am wondering if there are two codes on this N category and perhaps your TA has not thought of this...I have heard of this sort of thing before.

Sometimes there may be a low price for new bookings and a slightly higher price for the same category for those already booked.

So for example it may be - £500 for new booking but £550 for already booked.

It all depends I think on if when you booked there was a certain code attached to your booking. I am not a TA I have just picked up a few things on here over the years.

Oh a thought...is your booking in with a group booking ?

Thanks liz and no there is no group booking and no code that i know of when i originally booked which was last year, The ta is just offering that price cor all categories even royal caribean were surprised at the price which is suprising considering its ther company, ha ha, It just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth about RCCL

Are you sure? I thought it was only in the US that this applied. We often discuss this fact on the Cunard forum.

Those in the US can get a price drop up until the balance is paid at 90 days. Not so us in the UK.

When we noticed a huge price drop on our cruise recently, we had to re-book and lose our deposit but were still a lot better off.

Are you sure? I thought it was only in the US that this applied. We often discuss this fact on the Cunard forum.

Those in the US can get a price drop up until the balance is paid at 90 days. Not so us in the UK.

When we noticed a huge price drop on our cruise recently, we had to re-book and lose our deposit but were still a lot better off.

I dont know about Cunard but yes I know it happens a lot with RCCL....in the UK you can even get price drop right up till 72 hours before sailing or thereabouts.

You are allowed one free change (ie price drop) in the uk then after that they will charge you an admin fee. We have had a 'free' price drop on our cruise and after final payment we have now moved up to a better cabin, paid the admin fee and still got £220 credited back to us! We booked directly with RCI though so not sure if that made any difference.

You are allowed one free change (ie price drop) in the uk then after that they will charge you an admin fee. We have had a 'free' price drop on our cruise and after final payment we have now moved up to a better cabin, paid the admin fee and still got £220 credited back to us! We booked directly with RCI though so not sure if that made any difference.

It must differ from cruiseline to cruiseline then because this is not the case with Cunard.

Presumably this is also the case with P&O as they are also run by Carnival.

It must differ from cruiseline to cruiseline then because this is not the case with Cunard.

Presumably this is also the case with P&O as they are also run by Carnival.

Yes I believe that RCI are the only ones that offer price drops (I could be wrong). Amazed really that they do as really if you buy something from a shop and in a couple of weeks time its in the sale, well thats tough! You cant go back to the shop and say give me the difference in the price back!

I'm not complaining though!:D

Hi just noticed this thread. I think that what RCCL have done is awful and hope you get some kind of refund. As for price drops, we cruise with HAL and have had no problems getting a price reduction, we live in UK and book direct. Whenever I see a reduction on the website I email them and they send me a new invoice with the lower price.. no problem and no charge!!

Thank you everyone for you support:) It looks like im not going to get anything back as they were supposed to ring me today but haven`t maybe i should keep on at the travel agent but they just keep passing the buck and same withh RCCL, will leave it for a few days and see if they ring but i won`t hold my breath! well you live and learn i suppose and will think twice about next years cruise.

Well iv`e just recieved a call from the travel agent and they have told me that royal caribean have said they will not give me anything back!! Won`t be sailing with RCCL again. Feel like telling them to stuff there gratuities now:mad:

Well iv`e just recieved a call from the travel agent and they have told me that royal caribean have said they will not give me anything back!! Won`t be sailing with RCCL again. Feel like telling them to stuff there gratuities now:mad:

There are lot of "new booking only" codes on Celebrity and RC cruises at the moment. We had a price drop of over £1000 and were refused the adjustment .....fortunately for us it was before final payment so we could forfeit the deposit and rebook. I think we are going see a lot more restricted price drops in the future :(.

Yikes - also on 25th with Dastardley - don't dare to look at the prices - my TA won't give any price drops either:( they are just darn eskimos!!!!

D+ but beginning to get fed up with RCCL - trying Cunard in September - first time with a rival for many years, but fed up with travelling with people paying much less in better cabins!!!!

OK OK just looked - I have lost more than Dastardley - RCCL on their way to losing us!!!

Yikes - also on 25th with Dastardley - don't dare to look at the prices - my TA won't give any price drops either:( they are just darn eskimos!!!!

D+ but beginning to get fed up with RCCL - trying Cunard in September - first time with a rival for many years, but fed up with travelling with people paying much less in better cabins!!!!

OK OK just looked - I have lost more than Dastardley - RCCL on their way to losing us!!!

You shouldn`t of looked bmt, Oh well we can laugh about it at the sail away with a drink in our hands

Archived