Starting out in Cocoa Beach, would we be ok without a car?

JoviJ

Still tossing up the thought of either renting a car or just shuttling it from MCO into Cocoa Beach. We are staying 2 nights in CB, then 2 nights in Cape Canaveral. Is there any way to get around in CB if say we want to go out to have dinner? Can you get a cab or do they have beach trolleys? I appreciate all help as I've never been to CB before.

Still tossing up the thought of either renting a car or just shuttling it from MCO into Cocoa Beach. We are staying 2 nights in CB, then 2 nights in Cape Canaveral. Is there any way to get around in CB if say we want to go out to have dinner? Can you get a cab or do they have beach trolleys? I appreciate all help as I've never been to CB before.

If you plan on going out while there you could use cabs but having a rental car would probably be cheaper and be easier especially when you change hotels. Cocoa Beach and Cape Canaveral are about 2-3 miles apart. With a rental car you can come and go as you please and will make sightseeing easier too. One way rentals before and after a cruise are very popular and easy to do.

We rented a car one way from MCO to CB for our Glory cruise. We stayed at the Days or Comfort Inn, and walked down to the Boardwalk via the beach, then back via Atlantic Avenue before stopping at the Shark Pit to get something to eat. The car was parked most of the time, but if your going to CC, I'll guess you'll need a rental.

If your staying 2 days I would rent a car. But if your hotel is close to shopping, beach & resturants then a car would not be needed. Most hotels in the area have free shuttle to the port.

After mulling this over (and reading all responses), I've decided to have a local company that was highly recommended on here to transport us. They will drop us off at the Doubletree at Cocoa Beach. There are numerous places to walk too nearby (grocery story right across the street and google earth is just awesome!). I purchased a certificate online for $2.00 to save $25.00 on a meal (so there is one down) so that will help as well. (I'm traveling with 2 teens and we all know they can eat)

This same company will take us back to the airport when our ship returns. I checked on a cab to our 2nd hotel in Cape Canaveral and it was minimal. I just don't want the hassle of refueling a car, taking a chance on someone damaging it or getting a ticket due to not knowing the area. I'm happy just to be dropped off at the beach for a few days and not having to do anything! (sounds wonderful to me)

Thanks to all who responded, I really appreciate it

After mulling this over (and reading all responses), I've decided to have a local company that was highly recommended on here to transport us. They will drop us off at the Doubletree at Cocoa Beach. There are numerous places to walk too nearby (grocery story right across the street and google earth is just awesome!). I purchased a certificate online for $2.00 to save $25.00 on a meal (so there is one down) so that will help as well. (I'm traveling with 2 teens and we all know they can eat)

This same company will take us back to the airport when our ship returns. I checked on a cab to our 2nd hotel in Cape Canaveral and it was minimal. I just don't want the hassle of refueling a car, taking a chance on someone damaging it or getting a ticket due to not knowing the area. I'm happy just to be dropped off at the beach for a few days and not having to do anything! (sounds wonderful to me)

Jovi, Could you please post who you are using for transportation?

Executive VIP Limousine

I just spoke to Michael. My first impression is he is very nice and extremely professional. I'm very much looking forward to him getting us to our hotel (so it's less hassle for us).

Cocoa Beach bound in 49 days. :p

Glad to have been of assistance to you and helping you make your decision. Enjoy your stay and your cruise. :D

Archived