Transportation in Vancouver

cjsquaredancer

:confused::confused::confused: We are 3 heading for two days in Vancouver after arriving from a Southbound RCC Cruise. What is the best way to get to and from outlying ares such as Grouse MT. and Capilano Suspension Bridge? The Grandson is only 16 and can't rent a scooter which is one way I had thought of. Car reantals suggest that parking fees are high. So what is left. Anyone that has been here and done this that can give me some idea.

We are going to be doing the same thing in June and have been told to take the #236 bus to Grouse and Capilano. I have been told that it is very easy! We were originally going to rent a car as well but decided on this route after much feedback from CC.

We are going to be doing the same thing in June and have been told to take the #236 bus to Grouse and Capilano. I have been told that it is very easy! We were originally going to rent a car as well but decided on this route after much feedback from CC.

You are close but not quite. If you you are downtown you need to take #240 bus and then transfer to a #236 bus it will take you to both venues. Better still walk down to Waterfront Station by Canada Place and take the SeaBus across the harbour to Lonsdale Quay and then transfer to the #236 bus. Reverse the order to come back The Grouse Mtn. Skyrinde is less than 10 mins up the hill from the bridge. The trip to the bridge will take about 40 mins. You can purchase an all day pass and many convenience stores for $9 which can be a great investment. Here is a link to transit's trip planner:

http://tripplanning.translink.ca/

:confused::confused::confused: We are 3 heading for two days in Vancouver after arriving from a Southbound RCC Cruise. What is the best way to get to and from outlying ares such as Grouse MT. and Capilano Suspension Bridge? The Grandson is only 16 and can't rent a scooter which is one way I had thought of. Car reantals suggest that parking fees are high. So what is left. Anyone that has been here and done this that can give me some idea.

Take the local city transit system. When you arrive, go to any local newsstand and buy a book of 10, two-zone transit tickets for $31.50, and that will get you to all the places you've mentioned. For example from downtown to Grouse or Capilano (on the same route), take Seabus across Burrard Inlet, and then transfer (same ticket) to the #236 bus to take you up Capilano road to grouse mountain.

map:http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=212770407613531027445.000467645fcda21dd87b2&ll=49.286171,-122.997437&spn=0.159895,0.445976&z=12

Personally, I wouldn't take a scooter over to North/West Vancouver. There are too many lane changes, the bridge deck is narrow, and then it's quite an uphill slope.

Viv

Have you thought about the Vancouver Hop-on, Hop-off Trolley. It'll take you to those places and more, with a tour package as well if you like. You can pick it up right at Canada Place.

http://www.vancouvertrolley.com/buy-tickets

A local all day bus/skytrain/seabus ticket ($9) will take you everywhere the trolly goes ($38) for a lot less money.

Cost aside, the Vancouver Trolley and the Big Bus are a great way to see a lot of the city in a short period of time and they are narrated which obviously public transit isn't. Incidentally the Trolley's narration is live and the Big Bus' is canned. I generally recommend the Tolley on these threads.

Archived