Princess Deluxe Anniversary Package

EatPrayCruise

Hello fellow cruisers. We are sailing on the Coral in a couple of weeks and decided to spring for this package. I'm just curious to see if anyone has purchased the Deluxe Anniversary Package on any recent cruises.

If so, what were your likes vs dislikes (if any) of the package?

Would you do it again and why?

Would you NOT do it again and why?

Thanks for any help or input that you might have.

Sue & Gary

My dad gave us this package while we were on the Tahitian Princess and we loved all but the breakfast. It arrived cold and I guess I'm picky, but nothing served was to my liking. Other than that, it was great. Love the robes, the vow renewal was private and conducted by the captain in the library, the flowers were amazing, we have a wonderful 8x10 as a memory and the whole thing made our 25th anniversary very special. I'd absolutely do it again.

Thank you for your thoughts and for mentioning the breakfast issues. Honestly, that's one of the things I was wondering about. Since you can already order room service for free, I wondered if there was anything "special" about the breakfast. I don't mean to sound like a snob, but I'm picky about my hot breakfast and will probably find that it's not hot enough for me either. :confused:

Looking forward to all of the goodies though! Thanks again for your help.

Sue

Thank you for your thoughts and for mentioning the breakfast issues. Honestly, that's one of the things I was wondering about. Since you can already order room service for free, I wondered if there was anything "special" about the breakfast.

The breakfast consisted of 2 small cold baked potatos, a fancy carved tomato, 2 cold snow crab legs, weird green stuff I couldn't identify, small crab quiche, plate of fresh fruit, a basket of dried out pasteries, OJ, half bottle of cheap champagne, and coffee. Needless to say, I ate the fruit, made a mimosa, then we went to the MDR for a good breakfast. Here are the photos. (We didn't unpack the fluffy robes that were in the package. We just wore the thin waffle robes.)

232323232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2335%3D623%3D%3B84%3DXROQDF%3E23236376592%3A4ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2335%3D623%3D%3B84%3DXROQDF%3E232363765%3A684ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2335%3D623%3D%3B84%3DXROQDF%3E232363765%3A689ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2335%3D623%3D%3B84%3DXROQDF%3E232363765%3A677ot1lsi

Edited by WeBeGone

The breakfast consisted of 2 small cold baked potatos, a fancy carved tomato, 2 cold snow crab legs, weird green stuff I couldn't identify, small crab quiche, plate of fresh fruit, a basket of dried out pasteries, OJ, half bottle of cheap champagne, and coffee. Needless to say, I ate the fruit, made a mimosa, then we went to the MDR for a good breakfast. Here are the photos. (We didn't unpack the fluffy robes that were in the package. We just wore the thin waffle robes.)

232323232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2335%3D623%3D%3B84%3DXROQDF%3E23236376592%3A4ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2335%3D623%3D%3B84%3DXROQDF%3E232363765%3A684ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2335%3D623%3D%3B84%3DXROQDF%3E232363765%3A689ot1lsi

232323232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2335%3D623%3D%3B84%3DXROQDF%3E232363765%3A677ot1lsi

I got the package for our Oct cruise. Good thing I did not get it for just the breakfast. But I was thinking this would be the same breakfast as the UBB(Ultimate balcony breakfast). I guess it is not. So should I order the UBB seperate?

Thanks in advance for the advise.

Thank you SO much for the pictures and descriptions. I can already tell that I'll be picking through to find what appeals to me. I'm a country gal and most of that seems a bit foreign to me for breakfast. :mad:

Thanks for the tip about heading to the MDR afterwards! :D

I AM excited for the robes, however!

I AM excited for the robes, however!

Living in Michigan, you'll use the thick fluffy robes a lot. Unfortunately for us, living in Key West, they are still just hanging in the closet. It's never been cold enough to wear them. :( or :D

Edited by WeBeGone

Living in Michigan, you'll use the thick fluffy robes a lot. Unfortunately for us, living in Key West, they are still just hanging in the closet. It's never been cold enough to wear them. :( or :D

Bugger, you are so right - you probably won't get as much use as we will. We have a hot tub that we use a ton, and I like to wear thick fluffy robes out to get in to the tub during the winter. Then I bundle up in my robe and trudge through the snow to get back to the back door!

So, just feel free to ship yours to Michigan! :D

Some of you have indicated that you received the thick, plush robes as part of this package...but the Princess website specifies "waffle robes"...? I'm wondering if they changed the package recently?

Deluxe Honeymoon / Anniversary

This package includes:

All the benefits of the above Honeymoon/Anniversary Package plus these fabulous upgrades:

* Champagne breakfast in bed - a half bottle of French champagne delivered with breakfast to your stateroom the morning of your choice

* Two Princess Cruises waffle robes - gifts for you to take home

* A visit to the Lotus Spa® - one 25-minute therapeutic massage or facial per person

* Canapés or petit fours delivered to your stateroom on a selected evening

* A personalized invitation from the Captain to visit the bridge while in port

* 14-piece Godiva heart-shaped box of chocolates

Last year Princess switched from the plush robes (about $90 retail) to the waffle robes (about $45 retail) but did NOT update its web site. We had a devil of a time getting the plush robes, as I had printed out the list of the moving parts to the renewal of vows and attached it to the confirmation in my travel folder. Eventually, all that the Purser would supply (as we were packing to leave) was waffle robes, despite what the paperwork showed. (That Purser was quite difficult about a number of things.) Hq gave us a future credit for the difference, which we will use in a few weeks. The web site has been changed to say "waffle robes." I have booked another renewal of vows, but not the deluxe one, since we now have plush and waffle robes. Incidentally, the bridge tour used to say it would be done on a sea day, but it is now done on a port day. If you have booked a tour which keeps you out past the start time of the bridge tour (which is fascinating) it's too bad. Hq gave us a cash credit based upon the cost of the engine room tour, since the bridge tour is not for sale, as we were on tour in Athens when the bridge tour was given The web site has been updated as to this as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Some of you have indicated that you received the thick, plush robes as part of this package...but the Princess website specifies "waffle robes"...? I'm wondering if they changed the package recently?

Deluxe Honeymoon / Anniversary

This package includes:

All the benefits of the above Honeymoon/Anniversary Package plus these fabulous upgrades:

* Champagne breakfast in bed - a half bottle of French champagne delivered with breakfast to your stateroom the morning of your choice

* Two Princess Cruises waffle robes - gifts for you to take home

* A visit to the Lotus Spa® - one 25-minute therapeutic massage or facial per person

* Canapés or petit fours delivered to your stateroom on a selected evening

* A personalized invitation from the Captain to visit the bridge while in port

* 14-piece Godiva heart-shaped box of chocolates

We just got back from our cruise and we had ordered the Deluxe Anniversary package. They waited until the LAST day of our cruise before putting our robes in our cabin. We had just returned from the Ultimate Ship Tour to find two PLUSH robes waiting for us. I thought that they were part of the pkg of goodies we got on the tour so I called the front desk to find out when we might get our WAFFLE robes. I was informed that the robes had just been delivered. I told them that we had NOT received the waffle robes, but had received the plush robes.

Someone called us back to ARGUE with me that we received the plush robes because that is what they give for the Deluxe Anniversary package. Luckily, I had printed out the email from Princess stating what you quote above - that they are the waffle robes. The person arguing with me over the phone finally came up to our room just after we received our package from the Ultimate Ship Tour which included the PLUSH robes. The man continued to argue with me that we were only entitled to PLUSH robes for the Anniv. Pkg. and pretty much shoved the one he was carrying into my face. I showed him my email from Princess and he borrowed it to take and show someone else.

About five minutes later he returned carrying the WAFFLE robes! Huh! I told you so. He was not a very happy camper, but I explained to him that we just received two plush robes - we did not need TWO MORE!!!! :mad: Really?? We would not have bought two different packages with the same robes. He continued to tell me that the plush ones worth $100 vs $45 for the waffle robes. Fine and dandy, but we don't WANT four of the same robes!!!

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now. I would suggest that you print out any info you find or have emailed to you describing what robes you will get. That way, if they give you the plush and that's what you want, super. If they give you the plush and you want the waffle, whip out your correspondence from Princess and ask for the waffle robes.

We also got the couple's massage - but upgraded to a 50 minute for each of us. I've been getting therapeutic massage for about 15 years and just haven't managed to talk my husband into one. After the one on the ship, he decided that he loved it and we booked another one hour couple's massage! I was shocked. Now he agrees to see my massage therapist now that we are home!

The canapes/petit fours - we received them every night around 5-6pm. My husband enjoyed them, but I didn't really care about them - nothing worth writing home about in IMHO.

The visit to the Bridge was really awesome. We didn't meet the Captain, but a young Cadet took us on our tour and he was spectacular - you could really tell that he had a passion for what he was doing. His father was a cruise ship Captain so he had grown up with it. We also went to the bridge with the UST (and did meet the Cpt.) but learned much more one-on-one with the Cadet.

Sorry about the ranting about the robes, but I just read your post and it really struck a nerve since we just went through this experience about four days ago! I'm adding photos of the robes to compare the two - the last photo shows the difference in thickness with the waffle on the left and plush on the right. We haven't opened them up yet, but you can see the logo on the plush robe and there IS one on the waffle. You can also see/feel the robes in one of the boutiques on-board if you need help deciding which one you prefer - IF you get the choice. :)

• 3 years later...

Has anyone done this recently? We booked one for our anniversary and I was wondering if the message/ facials you get per person are done together or can you exchange them for a couple massage and pay the difference