Best Balcony cabin on Oasis or Allure

I booked adjoining balcony cabins on deck 12 because I thought that Royal Caribbean wouldnt put their largest cabin on a bad floor!

Margaret, why is deck 12 bad?

I was thinking about booking deck 12.

• 2 years later...

Am currently booked in a balcony cabin on deck 12 of the Allure, but this thread has me seriously considering dropping down to deck 8.

Would cabin 8650 have an extended balcony? It looks like it would on the deck plans, but wanted to ask here to make sure. Thanks for any answers in advance.

Thanks to all the wonderful reviews, posts etc.. I moved to cabin 8198 seems to be on the hump and have a extended veranda.

I am so excited sadly its almost a year away :(

Good choice...you will get spoiled being on the hump though! ;)

Having the larger balcony, and being able to easily look forward, aft, & down without any obstructions is very nice!

:)

Thanks to everyone and their input on this thread! I was considering deck 12 but after doing alot of reading and not realizing the distance of travel to get around the ship, I decided to book on deck 8. I even went down in category (from D5 to D8) to get rid of a connecting room. I ended up getting 8286. Just a little distance from the elevators but not too far to walk to Central Park. I'm looking forward to it!

Barbara

• 4 months later...
I'm surprised no one who has actually experienced deck 8 has responded.

I haven't been there yet myself, but my understanding is that the entrances to Central Park are only from the two main elevator areas. The wall that passengers see when leaving their ocean view staterooms on Deck 8 is the back wall of the shops and restaurants that line Central Park.[/

You can only enter Central Park form entrances near the elevators, on either side of Central Park.

We cruised on the Allure twice. We stayed once on Deck 14 forward and once on deck 6 midship. I Much preferred Deck 6 midship and its proximity to everywhere but the pool deck. We could walk up or down a couple of flights of stairs and took the elevator going to the solarium. At either location, we weren't bothered by any noise.

Edited by nednrom