Philipsburg to Le Galion to Marigot

We would like to spend some time at Le Galion and then visit Marigot. What would be the best way of getting from the cruise port to Le Galion and then on to Marigot? Will it be easy to get cabs and what is the approximate cost? Thanks.

We would like to spend some time at Le Galion and then visit Marigot. What would be the best way of getting from the cruise port to Le Galion and then on to Marigot? Will it be easy to get cabs and what is the approximate cost? Thanks.

These prices are educated guesses for the most part.:)Hopefully it's a start!

If you only want to go to LeGalion and Marigot then I would take a taxi. Ask the driver to come and pick you up at a set time. Chances are that he/she will and if they don't you can ask the staff at the restaurant to call you one. The cost to LeGalion will be $18 for 2. If you get more people it will be cheaper. I am guessing that the fare to Marigot would be about the same price. I would think that it would cost more to get back to the pier. Finding a taxi in Marigot should not be a problem. I often see them by the waterfront near the ferry to Anguilla. My guess is that $60.00 should be about right for an estimate. That is roughly what a small car would rent for so that would be another option but for your plan I think a taxi would work out better.

These prices are educated guesses for the most part.:)Hopefully it's a start!

If you only want to go to LeGalion and Marigot then I would take a taxi. Ask the driver to come and pick you up at a set time. Chances are that he/she will and if they don't you can ask the staff at the restaurant to call you one. The cost to LeGalion will be $18 for 2. If you get more people it will be cheaper. I am guessing that the fare to Marigot would be about the same price. I would think that it would cost more to get back to the pier. Finding a taxi in Marigot should not be a problem. I often see them by the waterfront near the ferry to Anguilla. My guess is that $60.00 should be about right for an estimate. That is roughly what a small car would rent for so that would be another option but for your plan I think a taxi would work out better.

Thanks - we are 3 people - so I guess it would be slightly higher?

Thanks - we are 3 people - so I guess it would be slightly higher?

To LeGallion it would cost each of 3 $7. From Marigot to the pier it would be $8 pp and from LeGalion to Marigot I would think that it would be similar to these one way fares pp. So figure about $10 more total for the third person. Gratuities are not included in the taxi rates.

To LeGallion it would cost each of 3 $7. From Marigot to the pier it would be $8 pp and from LeGalion to Marigot I would think that it would be similar to these one way fares pp. So figure about $10 more total for the third person. Gratuities are not included in the taxi rates.

If you check the posted rate chart, from le Galion (Orient Bay) to Marigot is $20 pp for 1 or 2. Add $5 per person additional.

That would be from Zone 11 to Zone 16.

gary

If you check the posted rate chart, from le Galion (Orient Bay) to Marigot is $20 pp for 1 or 2. Add $5 per person additional.

That would be from Zone 11 to Zone 16.

gary

Can you get the rate chart posted at the top of the page?:)

This is information that would be handy for people to have readily accessible to them. Until I can point them in that direction I will continue to give an educated guess. Which I must say I am getting better at.:D I figure I was a buck off from LeGalion to Marigot for 3 people. And besides that, my goal here was to start this one off and get lead them to the answer. So it seems my job here is done.:)

Archived