How much closet/storage space on Splendor?

Can someone please tell me how much closet/storage space is in an inside cabin? Can you store suitcases under the beds? We will have 4 people in the cabin (2 adults/2 kids). We will have quite a few suitcases for the four of us. My husband likes to overpack, so he has 2 bags for himself :D. I will be able to store the smaller ones inside of the larger ones. I just hate to leave them out in the room because I'm sure space will be tight with the four of us in the room. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

We did 5 of us to an inside cabin for our first cruise-

UNpack everything- do not live out of a suitcase.

An overthe door shoe holder was a sanity saver. We used two- one inside AND outside the bathroom door. (we used it for stuff that would normally get thrown on a table_) try to keep that vanity cleared off.

once the cabin gets cluttered it will close in on you.

Inside cabins are extreme darkness 24 hours a day- no natural light/ use an alarm clock or the telephone to get up. Great for naps though

It will be easier to keep your beds apart- under the upper beds so you have the middle of the floor to move about. Keeping the beds together you will have no floor space except in front of that vanity

2468890870050360393CWawjz_th.jpg

putting the beds together-- the upper beds sit above you both will have to get out of bed all bent over.

We did 5 of us to an inside cabin for our first cruise-

An overthe door shoe holder was a sanity saver. We used two- one inside AND outside the bathroom door. (we used it for stuff that would normally get thrown on a table_) try to keep that vanity cleared off.

once the cabin gets cluttered it will close in on you.

Inside cabins are extreme darkness 24 hours a day- no natural light/ use an alarm clock or the telephone to get up. Great for naps though

It will be easier to keep your beds apart- under the upper beds so you have the middle of the floor to move about. Keeping the beds together you will have no floor space except in front of that vanity

putting the beds together-- the upper beds sit above you both will have to get out of bed all bent over.

Great advice! Agreed :)

This is a very good idea. I'm going to go out and buy two today. That way everyone will have a spot for their odds and ends and I won't have to search the vanity for it! Thanks so much. I'm going to recommend that to the others in our party.

I was also thinking of bringing a collapsible hamper to put the dirty clothes in so we are not constantly opening a suitcase to put them in there. Any thoughts or other ideas?

There's actually a remarkable amount of storage space. This is my balcony cabin on the Lido Deck on the Splendor. In this picture you can see the desk/dresser with a number of drawers and shelves. You can also see the three closets for hanging items...

IMG_2524.jpg

The closets are fairly deep and can easily accommodate a weeks worth of clothes for three or four people. If there's more than two in the cabin you might want to bring along some additional hangers...

IMG_2526.jpg

IMG_2527.jpg

A more detailed look at the desk and drawers... The small door with the lock houses the mini-bar/fridge...

IMG_2528.jpg

Here's the location of the safe... it's that small diagonal area with the double doors...

IMG_2531.jpg

:)

We use a garden tote from the dollar store to corral all the little stuff that lands on the Vanity. It's cheap and weighs nothing.

We also use a suction-cup hook or two for hang ups.

Our family rules when traveling in close quarters--

Unpack asap- everybody gets one drawer and one shelf in the closet and one shelf in the bathroom.

Double and triple up on hangars. DH packs his shirts on the metal hangars, easy to unpack.

Only bathroom 'duties' get done in the bathroom. All primping (including hair drying and makeup) gets done on the beds, at the vanity or at the long mirror behind the cabin or closet door.

Before the we leave the cabin things are put away. Makes it easier for us and our steward.

Serene is so right about the floor space. Not too romantic but a sanity saver. Your room steward will arrange the beds however you want. So if you want to try the beds apart for one night.........................

I was also thinking of bringing a collapsible hamper to put the dirty clothes in so we are not constantly opening a suitcase to put them in there. Any thoughts or other ideas?

I used a heavy trah bag- kept it in the closet where the lifejackets are stored. (I also packed my own detergent and dryer sheets and did wash that last sea day- threw the clothes in the washer-- then went to go have my breakfast- by the time I was done so were the clothes.

Or do it last the night before the sea day.

Archived