The Dream in August

We are going on our first cruise this August to the Med, my wife is concerned that if you are out on deck in the evening is it going to be cold due to air-con when you go for dinner or to a show. I would like to know how formal is the Gala Night I don't mind taking my DJ but do many men dress up.

its most definitely not going to be cold!! its cooler inside the ship than on deck, its very warm and moist on the sea in august. On dream you wont need to go on deck at all unless you specifically want to - everything is accessible from inside - if theres evening entertainment on the pool deck that will be outside (the sail away party is outside for instance)

Inside it can feel cool after being on deck in the sun but its never cold and in august you will be grateful for it - we just came back from the dream and it was lovely - they had the aircon in the public areas just perfect during the day, and then on an evening they seemed to turn it up a little (there was always a definite cooling down around 5pm!) as when there were many bodies in the lounges and bars of an evening it could get a bit too warm. The cabin was always lovely and cool. I wore sleeveless or short sleeves inside on an evening and only needed my wrap for the pool area.

Gala night is as dressy as you want it to be. Most gentlemen wore a suit at least, but there were some in shirt and tie only, and quite a few in DJ's.

Hi,

Just want to 2nd Clare's comments.

It'll be lovely and warm outside even in the evening.

You will find most dress up, I wear a dark suit and either a black tie or dicky bow.

Even though many dress up you will not stand out if you don't. Apart from the other things that make Thomson's a great cruising experience at least we get the choice whether we want to get dressed up for Captain's Night or not.

Unlike many other cruise lines where you have to dress up on formal nights whether you want to or not.

Berwyn

Archived