Outdoor dining on Ruby Question

stampinrobin

Hi,

I will be taking my first Princess cruise this fall and am really excited, I've heard such good things about Princess!

I see on the deck plans that on the Lido deck there is the Horizon Terrace at the back of the ship on the Lido deck. It does not look very big and appears to only have two small bar type counters and stools facing the ocean.

On the ships I've been on in the past, there is usually a decent size outside seating area on the aft part of the Lido deck.

I know you can sit outside around the pool area and eat, but that area is usually enclosed by glass. So my question is:

Is there such an area on the Ruby? A place to sit out in the open air with no sides to eat or just sit and enjoy the scenery?

And to add to that, where do you watch Sail Away from? Deck 16?

After looking at Deck 16 maybe that is where the table and chair seating is..........but not to be too picky? Do they have umbrellas up there or is it just total sun? I want to be outside but don't want to bake in the sun.

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks!

Aft on Deck 15 where the Horizon Terrace is there are several tables, maybe 12 to 16, where you can sit and eat if you want. This aft area will give you a good view of the wake. Some of the tables during the day will be in the sun and others are tucked under the overhang from Deck 16. Forward of the Horizon Court there are tables on both sides of Calypso Pool and more further forward at Neptunes Pool and in front of Mermaids Bar and Trident Grill. While neither of these pools on the Ruby is inclosed (no roof) the outer most walls are glass but provide excellent views of the sea.

Where one watches Sail Away from is a personal choice and there will be a "sail away" deck party around the Neptune Pool. Most CCers Roll Call chose to meet at the Outrigger Bar on Deck 15 aft. If you are departing from Ft. Lauderdale many chose someplace on the Port side of the ship to enjoy the Bon Yoyage feeling as the folks along the inlet will send the ship off in style.

No where on her will you find umbrellas. On Deck 16 there are a few tables forward in front of the Tradewinds bar but along the port and starboard sides it will be all lounge chairs. If the sun is out there is not really any shade.

Hope this helps.

Archived