QE docking in NY

heywood

To overcome my dismay at the new lower prices of our forthcoming trip to USA and Canada, I thought I would just look at the itinerary again to cheer me up :p

The Manhattan Cruise Terminal calendar, shows that we will be docking there (not Red Hook) for an overnight stay Sept19/20 so my question is... will this be definitely true?

I do hope so. :)

To overcome my dismay at the new lower prices of our forthcoming trip to USA and Canada, I thought I would just look at the itinerary again to cheer me up :p

The Manhattan Cruise Terminal calendar, shows that we will be docking there (not Red Hook) for an overnight stay Sept19/20 so my question is... will this be definitely true?

I do hope so. :)

Heywood,

Yes the Queen Elizabeth will be docking and overnighting at the Manhattan cruise ship terminal on September 19th. Here's a link to the cruise terminal schedule for Manhattan:

http://www.nycruise.com/scheduleNYC.html

QE2, QV & QE always dock in Manhattan and on some rare occasions the QM2 does when one of the Princess ships is scheduled for Brooklyn.

Jonathan

Well that's exciting :) Thank you Jonathan. We have sailed into and out of Brooklyn a few times so that is something to anticipate.

Your welcome Heywood. Sailing out of the Manhattan cruise terminal is one of the great thrills and it never gets old.

Have a grand voyage.

Jonathan

Yes we first sailed a TA in 2006 and when I booked I thought it would be to Manhattan. They opened Red Hook the same year so we went there. It was still one of the most exciting and memorable times of my life, sailing into Red Hook but it looks as though I will still have my dream!

Thanks

How lovely to be in Manhattan rather than Brooklyn. Nothing wrong with Brooklyn of course, but Manhattan just seems so much more romantic!

We had a lovely time on QE on our 5 day trip, returning last Thursday. Liked the ship, although QM2 still my favourite I think and it was great to see Catherine (Northeast girl) and Tony again (including the impromptu open seating dinner) & also good to meet Clare (Pudd) & Mark.

I will post a proper review soon.

Hi Bev,

glad you enjoyed your trip. I have read Catherine's review and it seems as though all was well.

I love QM2 too so am a bit anxious that QE will not live up to her but I am sure we will cope :D

Hope you and yours are well.

Kath

• 2 weeks later...

Wow am glad I chanced on this forum. We are on the same trip in September 2011 and were also where wondering whether QE would dock in Brooklyn, weve been trying to sort out whether there would be a shuttle bus or whether to order a limosine early to take us into the City. Thanks to you guys we can stop worrying and carry on with working out our itinerary for the time we are there.

Archived