Those that know - will this work?...

We are cruising in a couple weeks - my sister and I can NOT sleep without the noise of a fan. I have a newer little small black electric fan that I can bring (no freyed cords or any site of it being a hazzard).

Do you think I would be able to bring on board?

Or, would you think I should buy a new little fan (keeping it in the box so they know it's new) and bring that?

Should I pack with the carry-on stuff vs. the luggage?

Please offer your help, we really need a fan! Those "battery-operated" ones just don't cut it!

Thank you! :)

I don't know if that works or not, but if it is just the noise you need to sleep, if you have an ipod/iphone, iTunes has some fan noise tracks that may work as a backup option (with a pair of cheap portable speakers); i don't use fan noise, but I do use rainfall tracks to help me fall asleep.

If you are sure that it is in good working order and doesn't have freyed cords it will probably get by.......I would make sure to neatly stow the cord and secure it will a rubber band or a zip tie......I wouldn't wrap it around the fan. And make sure that it's nice and clean (no dust on the blades)

Pack it in your checked luggage then it's Carnival security that is evaluating it, not a shoreside agent that may not be as qualified.

They make some fans that are both battery and plug in with the cord removable. We pack the fan in checked and put the cord with the camera stuff in the carry on. :cool: They think it is battery operated (which it is ) but we never use the batteries.

Try this http://www.coolfansonline.com/servlet/the-42/10%22-Portable-Tilting-Battery/Detail

We used my ipod with the sleep noise app and it worked very well. I usually have to have a fan to sleep well, just for the noise. I have several different apps that offer different sound options. DH has one of the same apps on his android type phone - they can be found you just have to look for them.

We are cruising in a couple weeks - my sister and I can NOT sleep without the noise of a fan. I have a newer little small black electric fan that I can bring (no freyed cords or any site of it being a hazzard).

Or, would you think I should buy a new little fan (keeping it in the box so they know it's new) and bring that?

Please offer your help, we really need a fan! Those "battery-operated" ones just don't cut it!

Fear Not D2C, I have always brought my small fan and extension cord. Not just the noise but the movement of air is a necessity for me (yes, hot flashes :eek:). I pack it in my luggage that I am checking and I have never had anyone say anything about it. Enjoy your cruise!

I have no idea why you think a battery oeprated fan wont work I took one along on our last cruise it was the size of a regular small house fan, got it for 10 bucks at Walmart, but the truth of it is, the ship and it's air condidtioning make enough of the fan sound without needing it. That and the fact that when we sailed it was colder than the dickens:mad: and we were givnen extra blankets because there is no heat.:eek: The fan gets used on our porch now, as there is no electic outlet out there:);)

The battery operated fans sound interesting.....sadly, I need total silence to get to sleep. I'd like to keep the balcony door open and hear the sounds of the water, but the AC would go off and the cabin heat up....as it is I kick the covers off and sleep with just the sheet most of the night......

We used my ipod with the sleep noise app and it worked very well. I usually have to have a fan to sleep well, just for the noise. I have several different apps that offer different sound options. DH has one of the same apps on his android type phone - they can be found you just have to look for them.

Thanks for this advice! We bought a sound machine that we've taken with us a time or two, but it takes up precious luggage space. We always take our ipod anyways now that we have one. I just searched and found several apps. I downloaded one and it has a clock option so while the noise is going on the display can be a clock. Nice!

I travel with a white noise machine. Brought it on last year's cruise and it completely drowned out any noise coming from the hallway, and we were near the elevators. Maybe check out ebay or craigslist for a used one? It is the absolute BEST!

I think I have that same black fan and I brought onboard the Valor last May and had no problems. :) I actually keep it with "my cruise" stuff, so I have it when I leave in June on the Dream. I CANNOT SLEEP without it.

Archived