Yet another soda card question

VTsnapper

This will be my first Carnival cruise, I have done 2 RCL previously. On RCL you get an insulated cup when you purchase your soda card. I haven't seen anyone say anything like that on Carnival. Do you get a re-usable cup or do they just give you cans of soda, or just a new glass each time?

This will be my first Carnival cruise, I have done 2 RCL previously. On RCL you get an insulated cup when you purchase your soda card. I haven't seen anyone say anything like that on Carnival. Do you get a re-usable cup or do they just give you cans of soda, or just a new glass each time?

For an extra $3.95 (I believe that is what is was a few weeks ago) you can buy reusable insulated Carnival travel cup. If not, they will just fill a glass and give it to you each time you order a soda.

For an extra $3.95 (I believe that is what is was a few weeks ago) you can buy reusable insulated Carnival travel cup. If not, they will just fill a glass and give it to you each time you order a soda.
More like $5.95.

Will they refill any insulated cup with soda when you have the soda card, or is the Carnival one the only option to a disposable cup?

Nope, You get a 12oz cup (unless you buy theirs) its half full of ice and the rest from a can of soda.

Quick hint, buy the soda card when at sea save on tax..

It doesn't save anything if you want a soda before then. One soda is the same price as the tax on the card...and you could drink 5-6 if you have the card.

Does someone know if caffeine free diet sodas are available with the card? I don't care what flavor or brand, but just if any kind is available? last time I had a card (forgot which cruiseline) only regular diet coke (with caffeine) was avialable. And I believe the card only allows fountain sodas, not cans, correct?

Any idea as to if you can use a past Carnival soda card tumbler instead of purchasing a new cup? I have 2 of the tumblers from my last carnival cruise a few years ago and would hate to spend 5.95x2 if they would accept the use of the ones I already have.

Thanks

Tina

Any idea as to if you can use a past Carnival soda card tumbler instead of purchasing a new cup? I have 2 of the tumblers from my last carnival cruise a few years ago and would hate to spend 5.95x2 if they would accept the use of the ones I already have.

Thanks

Tina

Yes, you can take your own and they'll fill it wil that yucky WARM soda that immediately melts the ice. (<---Note sarcasm. I desperately wish Carnival would switch to fountain sodas!!).

Is the Soda Cup they sell bigger than the little glasses they give you?

Last time I got a soda card with no cup, but thinking with a B2B it might make sense to get the cup if it gives you a better sized soda each time - the glasses are pretty small!

Quick hint, buy the soda card when at sea save on tax..

Better yet some people bring soda on board therefore you should buy your soda card later in your cruise.

The price of the soda card becomes cheaper each day.

Is the Soda Cup they sell bigger than the little glasses they give you?

Last time I got a soda card with no cup, but thinking with a B2B it might make sense to get the cup if it gives you a better sized soda each time - the glasses are pretty small!

Yes. It's a 14 oz cup. (I thought it was 16 oz but just measured it.) We bought ours on our first cruise and have taken them with us on subsequent ones. I have seen other mugs filled but personally just use the mug. I may take another one on my next cruise and try to use that because the Carnival ones are insulated bu6t don't seem to be well insulated.

Archived