lunch on Carnival Destiny on Boarding Day

I'm going on my first cruise next week on the Carnival Destiny out of Miami. I believe I read in someone's recaps that there's not much open for lunch during Boarding. Can anyone who's been on the Destiny lately tip me off as to what our options might be? We're considering grabbing Subway on the way to the boat just in case...

Thanks!!

I'm going on my first cruise next week on the Carnival Destiny out of Miami. I believe I read in someone's recaps that there's not much open for lunch during Boarding. Can anyone who's been on the Destiny lately tip me off as to what our options might be? We're considering grabbing Subway on the way to the boat just in case...

Thanks!!

We've never been on the Destiny but I believe they are all the same. There is a buffet on the Lido Deck and if they have grills then you can get Burgers, Hot Dos, Chicken Fingers anf Fries. We sometimes stop before but typically eat once on board.

Before our first cruise we had the same thought... we brought so much food with us! But believe me, there is NO reason to stop for lunch before hand. You will be amazed at how much food there is available at all hours of the day.

The biggest surprise when we boarded a cruise ship for the first time was that lunch was ready and waiting (of course, I didn't join cruise critic until AFTER our first cruise or I would have known!). Lunch will be available on the Lido deck and there will be many choices. There's the "burger and fries" line, the three specialty lines, the salad bar, deli and pizza place. My advice is to look at all the offerings before you jump in one of the lines. You'll see the two outdoor food lines when you go out on the lido deck, but if you walk past them into the indoor seating area there will be two more lines inside. Also inside in the center is the salad bar and at the back of the ship indoors is the deli and pizza area. They may even have a dessert station set up in the middle of the indoor area.

Thanks!!

plenty of food options up on the lido deck. even deli sandwiches that would keep you from ever visiting a subway again.

Tvchick and others pretty much covered it.

Just got off destiny's 4/23 sailing, we went to the lido and had luch at about 12:10. Got on quick and easy no problem. I should have my destiny review up tomorrow if you want to see pics and stuff.

What time does the buffet shut down? I'm not one to get to the ship early and usually end up getting on board around 2 pm. Will it still be open or am I SOL and have to wait until dinner? (Thank goodness for your time dining! :D)

Thanks!!

Dont forget the DOD!!! thats a must! lol

What time does the buffet shut down? I'm not one to get to the ship early and usually end up getting on board around 2 pm. Will it still be open or am I SOL and have to wait until dinner? (Thank goodness for your time dining! :D)

The buffet should still be open at 2 pm. Also, pizza is open 24 hours a day and the deli is usually open till 11 pm.

The only complaint I can see about eating before boarding is if you're not into crowds. The main dining room is not open. Rooms are not ready until 1pm or later. That leaves a large crowd sitting and eating in Lido with carry on bags so the place can get very packed.

We always aim to be the very first few to board and have a near empty Lido to dine. We then sneak into our room to drop off carryons, then explore the ship.

Archived