Kid Swimming on Labadee

jrkfrk

What, if any functions do the kids' program have on Labadee? I also wondered how deep the water is where the slides and "water toys" are - are the kids required to wear any type of life vests or flotation gear? We're taking two grandkids (ages 12 and 9), who are both decent swimmers, but I didn't know how much supervision would be necessary on our part.

Thanks for any input!

Fran (and Jeff)

What, if any functions do the kids' program have on Labadee? I also wondered how deep the water is where the slides and "water toys" are - are the kids required to wear any type of life vests or flotation gear? We're taking two grandkids (ages 12 and 9), who are both decent swimmers, but I didn't know how much supervision would be necessary on our part.

Thanks for any input!

Fran (and Jeff)

Can't help you with the water toys, but I can answer your question on Adventure Ocean. They don't take them into the ocean really at all, maybe at most a few feet in since they would never take that liability. They played games with the kids on the beach (think beach volleyball, scavenger hunts, sand castle competitions, shell collections, etc.) and all of them seemed to have a good time. Supervision definitely not needed for AO.

That is an extra fee to use that section of labadee (the slides, wall,toys) and yes, lifejackets they supply are reqiured.

We are booked in a suite for our cruise on Explorer next March. We aren't renting a cabana, but will use the barefoot beach area. Is this far from the kids activities? Are people at BB going to be less than pleased when they see 4 kids show up? (Not that I care, and my kids are well behaved but I like to be prepared!)

We are booked in a suite for our cruise on Explorer next March. We aren't renting a cabana, but will use the barefoot beach area. Is this far from the kids activities? Are people at BB going to be less than pleased when they see 4 kids show up? (Not that I care, and my kids are well behaved but I like to be prepared!)

No one will be displeased. So long as your children aren't doing anything that would anger people anywhere, ie. being extremely noisy, kicking sand at people, etc. your kids have the same right to use the beach that they do. Many don't like the AO activities on Labadee and spend the entire day with their parents on the beach. Nothing out of the ordinary.

We stopped at Labadee in Sept with our 7-year-old twins. The AO facility is just a walled off area in the sand. They do not take the kids into the water. Also, the facility is adjoining the kids' splash area, but they can't go in there. I think your grandkids would be too old for it anyhow.

My kids did the Aquapark and loved it! You book it like a shore excursion and receive a time to go and a bracelet to wear. The kids are put in life jackets and monitored by the Labadee staff. We booked the first time slot and my kids had the whole place to themselves. Later groups looked pretty full.

The beaches slope gently into the water and don't get very deep. There are no rough waves to worry about, either.

• 6 months later...
We stopped at Labadee in Sept with our 7-year-old twins. The AO facility is just a walled off area in the sand. They do not take the kids into the water. Also, the facility is adjoining the kids' splash area, but they can't go in there. I think your grandkids would be too old for it anyhow.

My kids did the Aquapark and loved it! You book it like a shore excursion and receive a time to go and a bracelet to wear. The kids are put in life jackets and monitored by the Labadee staff. We booked the first time slot and my kids had the whole place to themselves. Later groups looked pretty full.

The beaches slope gently into the water and don't get very deep. There are no rough waves to worry about, either.

how tall where your twins- my daughter is 5 and 42 inches where there smaller children in the water park? we would go with her-

My daughter was 5 when we took her to the aqua Park as well. She enjoyed herself but it was a lot of work, even for the big kids. You have to climb up a lot of the activities and the water was deep so you had to use your upper body strength to get up

The water is very deep at the water park area. You cannot touch bottom and will have to rely on your own swimming and vest to keep you afloat. As an adult, I found it difficult to navigate and climb the different floats. However my 7 year old seemed to fare better (not great, but better). I would not do it again, but I would let my kids go while keeping a careful eye on them. I dropped my son's goggles into the deep abyss...never to be seen again. :(

Dorothy

Archived