Volendam "G" Class cabins

Sundowners

Hi,

I'm about to book a cruise on the Volendam, and wonder if anyone has any views on, or experience with, the "G" class cabins on the stern of deck 2? The ones facing aft?

I'd like to book one, (I'm informed they are still available) but I'm concerned about noise from folk using the ladder to deck 3, just outside.

If someone has any experience with these cabins, it'd be great to hear your views.

Cheers.

Hi,

I'm about to book a cruise on the Volendam, and wonder if anyone has any views on, or experience with, the "G" class cabins on the stern of deck 2? The ones facing aft?

I'd like to book one, (I'm informed they are still available) but I'm concerned about noise from folk using the ladder to deck 3, just outside.

If someone has any experience with these cabins, it'd be great to hear your views.

Cheers.

I have photos and reviews of G 2500 on Volendam January 2010 here: (I do realize this is at the front of the ship, but...) http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Volendam/Deck-2.html

I do have photos and a review of G 2713 from 2009 on Amsterdam which is a sister ship to the Volendam here: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Amsterdam/Deck-2.html

Joanie

Hi

We were in room G2715 in December 2010 and loved it. No noise from upstairs, the only noises we heard were sometimes in the morning the crew going down to the engines/ropes when docking etc. There are stairs literally right outside the window and although you can't see in, we did hear the gate clang a few times. Other noise was in port, the rumbling and vibrations but we were hardly in the room.

Would we book again? ABSOLUTELY! We are planning to book for Feb 2012 in either that room or the one alongside if available.

Kirrarne

• 10 months later...

Archived