"LIVE" From the FREEDOM of the SEAS, 8-15 May 2011 (Eastern)

Jim, I am new here and booked my first ever cruise for the 19th of June on the Freedom. I just want to say thank you for all of this.

I will probably feel right at home now that you have acquainted me with the ship and all.

One question, I'm a huge shellfish lover, crab and lobster, and I have heard that one can get all they want on a cruise. I have seen your dinners and pictures of menu's and have yet to see lobster on any of them. Do they serve crab and lobster on the Freedom or is it only at the expensive restaurants that you have to pay extra for?

Again, thank you very much for this! I may do the same on my cruise as a first time cruiser! :)

Friday night is "Lobster Night" which is really a seafood platter with two small lobster tails and shrimp. However, you can order extras if you want. They also offer crag cakes and lobster bisque as appetizers regularly.

There are lots of seafood offerings in the Windjammer.

Friday night is "Lobster Night" which is really a seafood platter with two small lobster tails and shrimp. However, you can order extras if you want. They also offer crag cakes and lobster bisque as appetizers regularly.

There are lots of seafood offerings in the Windjammer.

Are you sure? Last week it was the second formal night (thursday) that they served Lobster.

On some weekends there are live bands outside and it can get pretty loud and boisterous. The inside is always quiet and moderately expensive. We live just 20 minutes from the port and get there pretty often - even when not catching the boat ;)

Jim thanks for all you posts. We are getting on Freedom Sunday and enjoyed your updates.

Can anyone tell me if you can bring children there? We are looking for a place to eat the night before we go on the ship and thought it would be nice for the kids to watch the ships. The children ranging in age from 9-13> Any suggestions would be great!:)

Can anyone tell me if you can bring children there? We are looking for a place to eat the night before we go on the ship and thought it would be nice for the kids to watch the ships. The children ranging in age from 9-13> Any suggestions would be great!:)

You sure can bring kids..........esp at the time the ships are going out......

Someone may have posted this already so excuse me if that is the case.

I haven't had time to actually read the posts other than Trainman's. I open my computer at work daily and scroll until I see his pictures and I read along. I must say that you are up so early in the morning! What time do you retire for the evening in order to be up before 5am???

I'm loving your updates and your pictures so much. The food is making me drool and I'm wondering if you could get more of the ship? We were there in February and I understand she went into dry dock and has many upgrades. Would love to see them as we are planning another trip next August, wish it was sooner!

Thank you so much. I'm so glad that I found your thread!

Be well and have fun.

DSCN2254.jpg

Does anyone know what this place is?

The restaurant is called Milikins Reef. We eat there all the time. Its the newest restaurant at the Port and restaurant closest to the ship terminals.

So what do we suppose Trainman is doing on Sint Maartin today ... Orient Beach? Maho Beach to watch the "Heavy's" from Europe land? Some shopping in Phillipsburg or a French meal on the other side of the border?

I can't wait to read how their day went today ...

Michael

Another great start for the day seeing pictures as the Freedom is approaching the St. Maarten. Have a great day, looking forward to see the pictures and read the report how your day in St.Maarten was.

When I see the photos of the ship coming into port I get so jealous that I'm not on it:eek:,,, really love cruising,,best vacation for the money...And speaking of money I am noticing how the prices have jumped up,,calling my ta today and booking next trip on the Freedom....We did the book ahead last trip, so the deposit is taken care of:D:D...

The restaurant is called Milikins Reef. We eat there all the time. Its the newest restaurant at the Port and restaurant closest to the ship terminals.

We ate there on April 30th before we sailed and the food is really good and they have great views :D

this review is awesome but making me so jealous not to be sailing this week.

My wife, daughter and I will be on the Freedom in November...and would only hope that Jim could be on the same cruise. It would be an honour to meet, and sail, with him.

Michael

Archived