"LIVE" From the FREEDOM of the SEAS, 8-15 May 2011 (Eastern)

We are also on Freedom on 8/28! I'm enjoying Trainman's pics and commentary since we've never sailed her before.......sob.....:mad:....still over 100 days away...I wanna go NOW!:eek:

Judy

Hey Foxgoodrich did you sign up for the Meet and Greet?

Good Morning Trainman Jim - hope your sniffles are better and you arent getting sick. Can't believe that it's already last day of the cruise so enjoy it and have a wonderful day! Thanks again for taking us all along and I look forward to your next post.

Day 7 - Saturday - At Sea

Good Morning Everyone,

It is a beautiful day here in the eastern Caribbean and I am feeling much better this morning. The pills and a good night's sleep seem to have done the trick.

DSCN2707.jpg

DSCN2711.jpg

DSCN2712.jpg

DSCN2713.jpg

DSCN2706.jpg

DSCN2715.jpg

Thank you so much for your posts. I feel like I am getting a preview of my cruise on 06//05/11. Everyday when I read your posts I get a little more excited. It is nice to have a headsup about when some events are held.

Glad you feel better!

We wish you and Judith many more wonderful cruises. I think it is one of the best vacations for a couple to take.

Trudie

WildCatfish, you will be onboard in a few weeks. let us know how u liked it and what worked and what didn't work. Thanks.

Will do!

Thank goodness for threads like Trainman's to get me through the last few weeks prior to our cruise!

I met Trainman on Allure in Jan. We sat by the pool and chatted for about an hour while everyone was on shore excursions. We loved the Allure. He has been on so many of Royal's ships; its just nice conversations. I too have been following his live thread this week.

Hey Foxgoodrich did you sign up for the Meet and Greet?

Yes, we signed up for the M&M...hopefully we are still on the list!

Still too many days to wait until 8/28 - Trainman is making me want to be there NOW!

Judy

Hey Trainman - I am amazed and in awe of the beautiful pics you are sending and the great play by play of your time on FOS. I will be on it in 3 weeks (6-5-11) and your posts have made it really great for me to enjoy your time and prepare for mine.;)

Thanks so much and hey to Judith too. I have learned so much from your notes and since this is my first RC cruise, you have been a great ambassador for the company and her Freedom. I can't wait. I am anxious for your posts when you return home with the menus and daily Compass. You are my hero!! Oh, and thanks for your many years of service to our country. My husband was also Army in Vietnam too!! :)

Trainman,

Thanks so for for posting this live review. Enjoy your last afternoon and evening. I am a little sad to see your cruise coming to an end:( sure seems like it went by awfully fast. But I have to say I am excited for me because I will be on the same trip one week from tomorrow:)

Looking forward to photos from your galley and bridge tours today; and of course from dinner tonight.

Ann

Hi Trainman,,

When is your next cruise on the Freedom:confused:...We will be on the Jan.29th eastern carib,,,would be nice if you and Judith are aboard,,would love to meet you...Like everyone else on the boards,,love your posts...

I did ask this before but maybe you didn't read it,,,did they change the furniture in the solarium,,those table and chairs are not the most comfortable,,,guess we got spoiled on the Indy with the nice plush couch and chairs:D...

Trainman...thanks for the live reports. Love to read them. We'll be on Freedom in August. :D I heard they show movies on the new large screen by the pools. Can you tell me when the run the movies and what movies were shown during your cuise?

Trainman-i just wanted to say how much i love your LIVE reports!! I have followed them and love all the information and pictures!!

When i was browsing here the beginning of the week and saw you had a LIVE post, i got soo excited! And to see you were able to find someone else, brought a smile to my face! So happy for you!

We were just on Oasis and we noticed the asst waiter always seemed to me absent, b/c he was helping with other tables. Wasn't that way when we were on Freedom last year!

Just wanted to say thank you for all your posts! It helps the work week go by so much faster, and makes me even more anxious to plan the next cruise!! :D

The "low Cal" bacon, I'm sure.

"Dr"

bob123

The white toast and the jam frightens me more than the bacon on that plate. :p

I've currently lost around 70 lbs on a "low carb/high fat" diet since last summer. It feels pretty funny to be able to stuff my self with bacon, scrambled eggs, whole milk, cream and all the other things I used to avoid and still lose weight. It turns out fat doesn't make you fat. Sugar do and carbon hydrates turn in to sugar in your body. :cool:

Sorry for the off topic. But since taking this weight journey I always comes to bacons defense. :D

The white toast and the jam frightens me more than the bacon on that plate. :p

I've currently lost around 70 lbs on a "low carb/high fat" diet since last summer. It feels pretty funny to be able to stuff my self with bacon, scrambled eggs, whole milk, cream and all the other things I used to avoid and still lose weight. It turns out fat doesn't make you fat. Sugar do and carbon hydrates turn in to sugar in your body. :cool:

Sorry for the off topic. But since taking this weight journey I always comes to bacons defense. :D

That diet does help you lose weight, with about the same effectiveness as a low fat, high carb diet. However, the risk of heart disease is significantly increased with your diet. Check it out, and be careful. I just want you to enjoy many more cruises.

bob123

Archived