Carnival Dream- Cove Balconies

ChCo38

Can anyone share their experience in one of these cabins? How do they compare to the balconies that are higher up? Do you feel more movement down low? Thanks, I am looking at booking on the Dream and am considering one of these cabins so we could be closer to the water.

Can anyone share their experience in one of these cabins? How do they compare to the balconies that are higher up? Do you feel more movement down low? Thanks, I am looking at booking on the Dream and am considering one of these cabins so we could be closer to the water.

DW and I loved our cove balcony on the Dream. We heard no noise but the sea and our balcony was right above when the harbor pilots board the Dream, so we got to see them jump on and off the ship. We didn't notice any extra movement compared to balcony on other ships, and being close to the water was just wonderful.

Lower equals less motion... in this case it also equals an amazing view of the sea...

The Coves are FANTASTIC!

:)

Our cove balcony was the highlight of the entire experience on The Dream. We're looking to book on The Breeze for 12/8/12 and only want a cove balcony!

My girlfriend and i sailed on the Dream last november and we booked a cove balcony, mostly because it was a new thing and we wanted to try it, I have to say neither of us were impressed.

A few nights during the week the crew came and sealed it off from us, putting the outside chairs and table in the cabin. It was because of bad weather and we couldnt go out on it. Although i didnt think the wind or waves were bad enough. But i get it, liability issues and whatnot.

I will say the balcony did have a very private feeling to it. But we hardly used it compared to the other ones we have had on past cruises. I didn't think the views were very good either. We will NOT be getting a cove balcony again.

I would recommend against getting one. But thats just me i guess.

Archived