Balcony cabin for Canada/New England Cruise?

ladyjane550

Is is worth an extra $400.00 to get a balcony cabin on the Golden Princess 7 night Canada/New England cruise? I have had a balcony before but wondering if I would use it much in this region since it will be in Sept. and will probably be a bit chilly.

This is just my opinion but I would get a balcony. Sometimes the views especially when you are in port coming in or leaving can be beautiful. But it is totally up to you. Sometimes it is just nice to sit out with a sweater and watch the world go by. But maybe you would want to spend that money on excursions so with that said you will have to make the final decision.

Marilyn

We did a HAL cruise from Ft Lauderdale to Montreal and had a balcony. We weren't sure that we would use it enough to make it worthwhile but we did an afternoon cruise in Saquenay Fjord. Between the speed of the ship and the wind and the temperature, this was in early May, it was too cold to stay out on the promenade deck or up on the higher decks but in the protection of the balcony we were able get plenty of pictures which we would have missed if we didn't have the balcony.

We also used the balcony when sailing in the St Lawrence river and when arriving in Quebec and when entering and leaving New York.

We have been getting balconies when they are within a couple of hunderd dollars per person and we feel we will use the balconies enough to make it worthwhile. On our next cruise we don't have a balcony because it is a transatlantic in May and I don't think that we would get enough use out of the balcony to make it worthwhile.

On our cruise in September to Alaska we are getting a balcony because we are doing two Inside passages and a glacier passage and just in case it is too cold to be on deck we will still be able to take pictures. We also visit several other ports, San Francisco, Seattle as well as the Alaskan ports that the balcony may come in handy.

I guess what I am saying is if one is concerned about money and only a few, not me, aren't, deciding to pay extra for a balcony should be a value decision based on how much use you will get out of it. Again this is IMHO.

Have a great next cruise whether you get a balcony or not.

Archived