Tough Carribean Question for all you Scotch Drinkers?

septrack

Here's one which is a long shot to be answered!

Am going to the Carribean the 29th. Was thinking about bringing back a lieter of Johnny Walker Blue Label for my dad's birthday. I am trying to remember about how much it ran on the ships, on St Maarten, and on St Thomas. (so I know where to buy) I remember it was over $100, but not sure if it might have been closer to $200.

Sure appreciate any help from you scotch drinkers out there. (You know who you are! :cool: )

Thanks in advance!

Mark

I bought our's in St Maaten - they had the best prices I could find on just about all liquer. I can't tell you exactly how much I paid but it was under 20.00 for a litre.

They even had the black label for a great price.

I bought our's in St Maaten - they had the best prices I could find on just about all liquer. I can't tell you exactly how much I paid but it was under 20.00 for a litre.

They even had the black label for a great price.

Hugger:

Are you sure this is the price for Johnny Walker Blue? In the States it runs around $150.00 per bottle! Just want to check. At $150.00 it's a rare splurge, at $20.00 I'll buy a case!:D

Glad to know St. Maarten has the best prices overall - there are other liquors we may want to pick up as well!

Alice

If you shop around on the main strip in St. Martin, you can get Johnny Walker Blue for around $89.00 a bottle. And I think it is 750ml. Just keep in mind that it is a CASH price and they will not back off of that, so take enough cash along with you if you are serious about buying. Good luck.

I think that St. Martin is cheaper. There is a combo Jewelery/liquor store about 2 blocks to the left of where tenders dock that has great cash prices also another shop with a step down entrance. Both run by Indians. St. Thomas is a bit higher- about 100-120. I think that the 18yr McCallum is better. I drank Blue on NCL after dinner (only $8 a shot) more for the price than the taste since most regular Scotch is that in a decent restaurant at home.

I really didn't find it much different from Black. Chivas Royal Salute ($125 in DC) was great when they served it as the bar scotch in 1st class on Singapore air.

Archived