Club o2

I have 2 daughters that are 15 & 17 and a niece who is 15. I also have a nephew who won't turn 15 until December. We are cruisng this July. He would like to hang out with his cousins. Will this be possible? How do they verify age.

They might or might not let him into Club 02.

It will depend on several things. How many kids are in the Club 02 age group onboard. Is he in high school? If so, have him bring his ID. There have been reports that IF the kid is slightly older/younger but in high school they have been let in. It also depends on his maturity with the other kids. At 14 yr 6 mo be prepared for them to say no.

That being said lots of the Club 02 kids hang out together without going to all the Club activities. One cruise they never seemed to go inside but hung out on the benches across the walkway from the club.

They have a list of every eligible kid in the club's age group. It is culled from the passenger manifest.

They have to be within 3 months of their 15th birthday. Sometimes if there are few kids they may let them hang out. But.. you are cruising in prime cruise season with LOTS of kids so I wouldnt count on that happening on either count.

I've cruised over New Years where they let DS move up, he was within 3 months. I've cruised in August where they would not let a kid move up because they had alot of kids in the club..

THEY WONT LET YOU PRE-REGISTER A CHILD IN A GROUP HE IS NOT ELIGIBLE FOR.. As Sadie said. Each club has a list of the kids age eligible for their club. If your not on there you dont get in unless they are making exceptions as above.

I am learning that Carnival is very accomodating regarding kids. My oldest child is 14 but has mild Autism. I am unsure that he will fit in with his age group the 12-14 year olds. They told me that he could absolutely attend Camp Carnival with the 9-11 year olds. Which is wonderful because his sister will be there. He still loves to play with toys and isn't into the teenager thing yet. He even looks young for his age too.

Last cruise my son was 14 and starting high school that fall. I guess the way his birthday fell he was within the 3 month rule (barely). He actually walked in himself to the 15-17 group and said. "I really don't fit in with the 14 group...I'll be a freshman this fall and everyone else is middle school AND short!"...

The gentleman at the O-2 club laughed and told him it was fine. It all depends on if they're over loaded in one club or another.

Honestly it shouldn't matter all that much because what "I" observed was they really only "meet" there see what "activities" are going on around the ship then they go off and do whatever activities they want to do. In O2 they really didn't have a "counselor" following them around. It seemed like on the FIRST night they had a "party" to meet other teens after that there were plans to meet at the disco etc.

I kinda wish they'd change the "age" thing to go along with "what grade will you be in"

I How do they verify age.

when you booked you needed to provide a birthdate which will be verified at check in using his birth certificate.

cruising in July-- prime time family time- Your chances of him moving up in age is very low. I doubt very much they will do this.

Even with a high school id.

-

do not even tell him there may be an option.

Now the older kids may be able to move down in age groups-

Its very important they head to the respective meet and greets that first night.

Kids tend to hang out a lot together instead of attending the group activities. Not many 16, 17 year olds want to be hanging with a 14 year old. He'd be better off in his own program

Archived