MAGIC - Our Photo Review of the Inaugural Sailing of the Magic

Absolutely amazing review! I have gone back and looked over the pictures again and again. My DH who loves to cruise but is quite happy in the Caribbean is now convinced that we need to do a European cruise. Thanks for that!

Wonderful pictures! Thanks so much for sharing. I probably won't ever get to Italy but your pics are so good I almost felt like I was there. Was thinking of a cruise out of San Juan but now thinking the Magic out of Galveston. Thanks so much.

Next we drove by the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier on our way to see the Duomo. I have to say that RIL knew the best ways to get us between each site quickly and also to get us as close as possible. One of our group is mobility challenged and uses an electric scotter but was still able to enjoy most of the sites thanks to the knowledge of RIL!!!

Duomo

DSC02036.jpg

Hi all. Just to clarify, my understanding is that Duomo is a generic term used for cathedral or church. While technically I am not wrong here, the pictured site (and the pictures that followed inside) is better known as the Pantheon. Sorry for any confusion and that is what happens when I post at midnight.....

i always thought Duomo referred to the domed cathedral of the main church in town.

Sarge...you may very well be right. I have enjoyed all your pictures that you have posted and I hope you enjoyed the second half of your B2B on the Magic :D

Cruisinskier I have not been in any of Carnival cruises but my daughter was in the first one from Barcelona that went out on May 10. I travel with her with your review IT WAS WONDERFUL, THE PICTURES THE LANGUAGUE EVERYTHING WAS GREAT Thank you so much for all the information like I said I thought I was travelling with her. Continue your good work.

Wonderful pix!....I am going in 55 days out of BCN..... can't wait!....I actually feel like I don't even need to get off the boat! ....your pix make me feel as if I been to all the places already!

FANTASTIC, WOW WOW WOW!!:):) The best review I've ever read and the only one that I've stayed with the whole time and got up the next morning to check what else you have added.

Thought it looked like the Pantheon, my daughter and I ate at one of the resturants directly opposite the Pantheon, it's a wonderful area.

Your review has added to the excitement of our forthcoming cruise, keep up the wonderful work you're doing with this review.

Thanks again.

Kerri

Before I start the review I just want to again say thanks to all who have left messages or just stopped in to look at my review. We truly had an amazing trip, our first to Eurpoe, and it has been a lot of fun to re-live it online.....so on we go.

We arrived in Livorno to another great day of weather. We had lucked out this entire trip with our only rain being the day in Dubrovnik. Livorno, like most other port stops in Europe, is a working port.

Arriving in Livorno

DSC02250.jpg

DSC02448.jpg

DSC02450.jpg

After our normal breakfast routine on the back of Lido, we again gathered the troops and the 12 of us set of for another great day with Rome in Limo. Today's drivers were Maria Clara and Michael....it was pretty obvious that Maria Clara was in charge.

Our Chariots...

DSC02253.jpg

Our first stop today would be Pisa. We had hoped to climb the tower however when we arrived shortly before 9:00am abd checked for tickets, the first available climb was at 10:30 which did not work with our tour. So we wandered th grounds, took some pics and set off to drive through some of Tuscany on our way to Florence.

DSC02254.jpg

The tower, the church and the baptistry

DSC02290.jpg

After about a 45 minute drive, the last 20 of which was through the country side of Tuscany, we arrived at our next destination, a spot which I had specifically added to our tour. This was Piazzale Michelangelo, a sqaure above the city of Florence with great views of the city......

A Panoramic shot of Florence

DSC02324.jpg

DSC02301.jpg

DSC02305.jpg

DSC02326.jpg

Ponte Vecchio (old bridge)

DSC02310.jpg

At this point our group of 12 split in to two groups. Half wanted to go to the Accademia to see Michelagelo's David (price was 10.50 euro for the reserved tickets that RIL had arranged.....4 euros higher than regular tickets but you jump the long line), the other half wanted to go to mass in Florence. The group that went to mass ended up at Santa Croce.

Santa Croce

DSC02337.jpg

DSC02345.jpg

DSC02346.jpg

Pictures are not allowed in side the Accademia however there was a replica of the statue at Piazzale Michelangelo.

DSC02308.jpg

After this we met up for lunch in the Santa Croce square

DSC02334.jpg

And of course the beer of the day...

DSC02342.jpg

After lunch, we spent the next 4 hours wandering around Florence. We had specifically asked for a not so structured day after the last few days. Also some of our group wanted to do some serious shopping today. So off we went (with maps provided by RIL) and a preset meeting spot for later that afternoon.

The first spot we came across as we were walking was Piazza della Signoria which is an open air square housing numeorus sculptures, including another replica of the David.

DSC02351.jpg

DSC02352.jpg

DSC02355.jpg

DSC02356.jpg

DSC02359.jpg

We did wander in to a few shops (great spot for leather) and also lots of higher end designed shops if you are in to that.....

Our next main landmark was the Catherdral of Santa Maria del Fiore.

DSC02371.jpg

DSC02374.jpg

DSC02386.jpg

DSC02391.jpg

DSC02394.jpg

DSC02398.jpg

I am so excited for our trip in under 3 weeks! We have 4 RIL tours planned. What is the customary tip? I have heard a lot of varying amounts. There are 4 of us. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

Did I say Awesome review!!

POST MORE PLEASE!!! NEED......MORE........

((((tapping inner arm, looking for a vein))):D

If you put in an IV line, you can mainline the pictures a lot quicker :).

(Yes I too am addicted :) )