On the Epic right now! My first cruise and having a blast..

jarz85

Our Holy Land Jade cruise for Feb 12 was cancelled, so we plan a Med cruise on the Epic. I have been looking at the layout of the ship and cabins. It is very different from the Jade and Gem. Also, it seems that the Epic has more aft-balconies, which we plan to book.

Our Holy Land Jade cruise for Feb 12 was cancelled, so we plan a Med cruise on the Epic. I have been looking at the layout of the ship and cabins. It is very different from the Jade and Gem. Also, it seems that the Epic has more aft-balconies, which we plan to book.

Book the aft, book the aft, we had an aft on 10th floor, we were in cabin 10317 - it is at the end, the balcony is big enough for a lounger and 2 chairs...there is a slight vibration problem, which I understand doesn;t happen on other ships. It occurs when the ship is docking....it didn;t bother me because we are always up when the ship is docking, however I wasn;t up went we pulled into home port at 5:30AM, but what the hell, we had to get up anyway...it really was no problem for us, but be aware of it before you book....

Book the aft, book the aft, we had an aft on 10th floor, we were in cabin 10317 - it is at the end, the balcony is big enough for a lounger and 2 chairs...there is a slight vibration problem, which I understand doesn;t happen on other ships. It occurs when the ship is docking....it didn;t bother me because we are always up when the ship is docking, however I wasn;t up went we pulled into home port at 5:30AM, but what the hell, we had to get up anyway...it really was no problem for us, but be aware of it before you book....

The Epic doesn't use azipods, which means it uses a combination of the main screws and side thrusters. There is quite a bit of cavitation from that, unfortunately. I remember being in a show on the Sovereign of the Seas many years ago when the Captain & Tennille was the main entertainment one night when the ship had this issue. Each time the ship would shudder, the "captain" would act like he just belched, or worse. This joke ran on for an hour and got funnier and funnier.

Thanks for all the replies! Had a sleep in this morning!

We already had our 2nd cruise booked before we got on this one LOL

There has not been much wind at all on this cruise... we had a CC sail away party at H2O on Saturday but it was so hot everyone went their own ways. It has not been windy at all on any of the top decks!

The only time crowding has been an issue was when Blue Man Group finished and EVERYONE heads to Manhattan Room for dinner, to solve that problem we just west to Taste and got a seat no probs.

We've had breakfast every morning up at the Garden Cafe and yesterday there was about 10 other people outside with us eating.... we really feel like we have the ship to ourselves!

Today is the first day we have nothing planned, so can relax a little bit! Trivia got a bit full on yesterday, lots of arguing with the host over repeating questions :eek: I thought trivia was meant to be fun!

Well, Ill be keeping all of the dailies and will scan them when we get home in about 2 weeks!

If the Garden gets too busy for breakfast to sit you can go down stairs to the Italian restaurant and eat there. When we went not to many people knew about this and it was very quiet and relaxing down there.

The Epic doesn't use azipods, which means it uses a combination of the main screws and side thrusters. There is quite a bit of cavitation from that, unfortunately. I remember being in a show on the Sovereign of the Seas many years ago when the Captain & Tennille was the main entertainment one night when the ship had this issue. Each time the ship would shudder, the "captain" would act like he just belched, or worse. This joke ran on for an hour and got funnier and funnier.

Mike

"Captain & Tennille" oops you are showing your age!!! Some of the young folks probably are like... "Who is Captain & and who is Tennille"? Was the Captain the main entertainment?... "Who was running the ship"?

Archived