Loading pictures on cruise critic - help

I've tried so many ways to post photos on cruise critic without luck. Please tell me the size, how you process this, etc. I've tried to click on the paper clip icon, and my photos were always too big, but I see so many large ones. I can't get them small enough. Please respond with any and all ideas.

:mad:

First, you should reduce the photo image size. This can be done either in-camera (by choosing small and basic), or with photo processing software. Many times the free software you get with your camera will do this, or use a free-ware such as FSViewer. There are several others that will work as well that are free.

If you think you may need the photos for prints, you should probably not reduce them in the camera. However, an option is if your camera can do RAW+JPG, you can chose JPG basic for on-line use, and keep the RAW files in case you might want to enlarge them. But not all digital cameras have the capability to save photos in RAW format.

Photos file sizes can be reduced by lowering their size (640 pixels is a good size for posting on-line), and image quality. This is pretty commonly done, as more often than not, when you host your photo on a public website, they have file size restrictions on the photos. The photo as it comes out of your camera can be 2MB to 15MB or more, and reducing them to 640 pixels and to 75% quality reduces the file sizes down to 150Kb or less, and really does not distract the quality noticeably. Also that will prevent someone from stealing your photos and making nice photos out of them, as they would come out pretty terrible if you tried to make an 8x10 print of it.

Next you have to post your photo on-line somewhere unless Cruise Critic allows you to store them here. I have my own website, so I have always just posted them there and linked them to Cruise Critic using the img tags (photo icon in the Cruise Critic message form). I have not tried to host the photos on the Cruise Critic website - so I don't know if that can be done or not.

You can upload your pictures to one of the free web picture hosting websites and you can choose the size of the picture on there. That makes it easy. Then just hit the "picture" icon (that looks like a mountain) on the posting screen and insert the http weblink and it will automatically post the picture within the post. Otherwise, if you hit one of the other links, it will actually link us to the picture (meaning we would have to actually click on the link in order to see the picture).

I've tried so many ways to post photos on cruise critic without luck. Please tell me the size, how you process this, etc. I've tried to click on the paper clip icon, and my photos were always too big, but I see so many large ones. I can't get them small enough. Please respond with any and all ideas.

:mad:

As stated before, first step is get an online account such as PhotoBucket, Flicker, etc. ( I use PhotoBucket )

You then upload your pictures to your online account such as PhotoBucket.

With PhotoBucket, once the photos are there, you simply select a photo, copy, come here, compose your CC post, hit paste, and voila, the picture shows up.

Archived