Finally booked Hotwire for FLL

Cozzette2

Hallandale Beach Blvd has plenty of nice places to eat. There's a Burger King, Boston Market, Padrino's Cuban Restaurant and a nice Italian Restaurant next too Padrino's. If you walk a little further west towards Federal Highway theres a Chinese Restaurant and a sports bar too. If you go to the Gulfstream Park track located near Federal Highway theres a Brio Tuscan Grill along with a few other places to eat within the new complex that was opened approximately two years ago. At the intersection of Federal Highway and Hallandale Beach Blvd there is Thira's Greek Restaurant, Eddie Hills Restaurant for excellent Japanese, Thai, and Sushi and a Mc Donalds. You shouldn't go hungry in that area.

Is there any place on the Broadwalk to eat ?

The Broadwalk is mostly restaurants. They are very casual and multi-ethnic. It is an interesting area to see. If you drive there, bring lots of quarters for the meters, although there is a garage that might allow different methods of payment. We drove 20 miles to get there and weren't prepared for the expensive meters and had to cut our evening short because the restaurant staff was unable to give us any quarters. The Armenian Hollywood Grill was out of about half of the items on the menu...they said they only make these items during high season. Another time we tried a Peruvian restaurant and it was just ok. I can't really recommend any of the restaurants, but it makes for an interesting place to go.

Isn't the Broadwalk walking distance from the Diplomat?

Kris

It depends on how good of a walker you are...The Broadwalk starts north of the Diplomat and is 2.5 miles long. You could take the Trolley for $1 from the Diplomat to the north end of that route and start the Broadwalk there. http://www.visithollywoodfl.org/trolley.aspx

Thanks, you know how you get a picture in your mind on how something looks. I was picturing the broadwalk right out the back door of the Diplomat lol. The trolley sounds like a fun thing to do anyway and we will save the walking for when we get there.

Royalcruise, you have been a wealth of information, thank you.

Kris

Thanks, you know how you get a picture in your mind on how something looks. I was picturing the broadwalk right out the back door of the Diplomat lol. The trolley sounds like a fun thing to do anyway and we will save the walking for when we get there.

Royalcruise, you have been a wealth of information, thank you.

Kris

http://www.visithollywoodfl.org/trolleymap.pdf

This map should give you a perspective...The Westin Diplomat is D and the main part of the Broadwalk is near A, which is a mile or 2 away. If you like to walk, you might want to walk one way and take a taxi or trolley one way. I'm not a fan of Hollywood so I had to look at the map to be sure of the locations, but I do love the Diplomat.

Archived