front of the ship room

On Vision we found a lot more movement up front than in our cabin which was aft.

So much so, that we sat on our balcony in the sun all day whilst others found it to be rough and cold.

All depends upon the sea conditions as well - but if in fairly calm waters, I doubt you will find too much of a difference.

If the seas are calm, movement will be minimal....if the seas are rocky, I always feel the most movement in the forward area of the ship. If you are prone to motion sickness, you might want to try to get a more mid-ship or even a litlle towards the aft cabin. Good Luck!

Our daughter and her family just had a family oceanview stateroom on Deck 6 of Explorer of the Seas for our cruise to Bermuda and she reported little or no noticeable movement. While that depends a great deal on sea conditions and up and down movement is normally greater at both ends of the ship than in the middle (for reasons that should be obvious), she was very pleased with both the location and the layout of her room which readily accommodated her, her husband and three kids.:)

If the seas are calm, movement will be minimal....if the seas are rocky, I always feel the most movement in the forward area of the ship. If you are prone to motion sickness, you might want to try to get a more mid-ship or even a litlle towards the aft cabin. Good Luck!

Also the lower down you are, the less likely you are to feel motion.

Also the lower down you are, the less likely you are to feel motion.

Yes!!!! Finally an upside to sailing in steerage! I'm sailing on Deck 2 near the front of Vision. Booked a Guarantee room and have stressing out ever since I got my room assignment.

This is good news!

Yes!!!! Finally an upside to sailing in steerage! I'm sailing on Deck 2 near the front of Vision. Booked a Guarantee room and have stressing out ever since I got my room assignment.

This is good news!

we were on the explorer on the 6th deck in the front, there was motion but that didn`t bother us but alot of loud banging at night from the waves hitting the front of the ship kept us up for two nights

We had #7502 on Radiance of the Seas a year or so ago. The motion was fine for most of the cruise except for the last two days. At one point we were trying to pack, and it was impossible to even stand in the room. We ended up tossing on our seabands and heading midship. I would probably hesitate to select another cabin in that location.

I just got my room

Deck 07, Superior Oceanview Stateroom #7216

that is the front of the ship

I got a balcony room

The ship is voyager of the seas

how is the view

will i feel the ship move alot

I am an optimist and one year we booked a room in the front of a ship - it was larger and seemed like a good location. The seas were rough on the way to Bermuda - it was the ONLY time I was seasick and it wasn't fun. I have never booked another location that was not mid-ship or aft. That was my own personal experience and it was mainly due to rough seas but i never wanted to deal with that again. My advice is to consider that the weather is unpredictable and weigh that with your past experience (if any) with dealing with rough waters. Hope your cruise is wonderful and smooth sailing!

swiss

Archived