Freedom question, sofa bed?

Ok, we have finally established that there will only be 3 of us in cabin 1400 on the AFT. My son (17) has decided he will take the sofabed. He is a skinny kid and does tend to complain of his back occaisionally hurting (he works as well). How well will he do on this sofabed? His bed here is not super hard, it's sort of in between. Should I request a mattress topper, will that help it? I just don't want this kid to have a backache the entire cruise.

The sofa beds are notoriously uncomfortable, although not so bad with only one person. I would ask for the mattress topper. We had one on the regular bed (before the new bedding was installed) and it really did help. Be sure to ask your cabin steward right away for the topper so they don't run out!:)

Ok, we have finally established that there will only be 3 of us in cabin 1400 on the AFT. My son (17) has decided he will take the sofabed. He is a skinny kid and does tend to complain of his back occaisionally hurting (he works as well). How well will he do on this sofabed? His bed here is not super hard, it's sort of in between. Should I request a mattress topper, will that help it? I just don't want this kid to have a backache the entire cruise.

Hate to say this but we avoid cabins with sofa beds after having one years ago. My teens much prefer the Pullman beds if you can switch to a cabin with those. Also gives you more space in the cabin.

Archived