How to pack clothes?

javamom

Slide the garment bag over you outfit and then roll. I find that if I roll my clothes they not only fit better in the suitcase but they don't wrinkle as much. If you go to your local cleaners ask for the bags they might give them to you ours did.

Hope this helps!

I also pack on hangers. I put each of my outfits (dinner outfits, really) on a hanger, covering each one with a dry cleaning bag. I lay the outfits in the suitcase, alternating which way the hanger points. They go on top of the rest of my clothes, which I pack in large zip bags, pressing out as much air as possible. When they're all in there, I fold parts in as neatly as I can so that nothing is hanging out of the suitcase and pretty much each piece is using other pieces to cushion its folds. It's really a lot easier than it sounds, and it makes unpacking a piece of cake-- the stuff on hangers is ready to hang, and the stuff in zip bags is ready to just dump in the drawers.

i need to learn to pack that way w/ the hangers.. i'm wondering since the suitcases roll now wouldn't everything slide down anyway?

We use regular carryon (22') bags. DH hangs his shirts. I pack so the hangars are going lengthwise with the hook facing the seam where the lid connects to the suitcase. Since he packs so lightlly he gets the medkit etc. The clothes would wrinkle badly if the suitcase is empty.

Last trip he took he used a small duffle bag. Packed all his clothes into one packing folder. He said there was barely any wrinkling.

I do the zip lock bags as well. I buy a box of the 2 gallon size.. they are the perfect size. I can usually slip 2 or 3 blouses in each one.. I just lay them flat in suitcase and have never had anything wrinkled.

Archived