Birth Certificate

cruisencouple

My husband has a birth certificate that looks like itis a copy but it has a seal that is not raised and it's in purple ink. It has the stamp of the registrar recorder on it. Would this be an acceptable form to bring on our cruise? He was not born in a hospital so there is no stamp from the hospital. What would you suggest?

My husband has a birth certificate that looks like itis a copy but it has a seal that is not raised and it's in purple ink. It has the stamp of the registrar recorder on it. Would this be an acceptable form to bring on our cruise? He was not born in a hospital so there is no stamp from the hospital. What would you suggest?

I would go to the courthouse and get another copy (With the raised seal) just to be sure. You don't want to find out theres a problem when you get to the port. Better yet, if you have the time, get a passport. It really does make everything so much easier and by 2008 you will Have to have one to cruise.

I got into Canada with a pretty good looking color copy, but I had trouble getting back out because there was NO RAISED SEAL. The customs officer asked me why I was traveling with a "faked" birth certificate, and I played dumb. (Truth be told, I could only find this copy, and the copy just happened to be in color, so it did look like I was scammin'). They did let me in, but my heart was beating a zillion miles a minute, and it's just not worth that kind of stress when you're on vacation.

Anyway, my advice would be to get the raised seal because that's the only distinguishable mark between the real thing and a good color copy!

If you use a birth certificate and DL do you need to bring both of these items into the different ports. Or will you ship pass and DL work when in the different ports? If i need to bring BC I guess ill have to get a waterproof pouch to store it in.

Archived