Noordam - power outlet question

Charlie Chan

I've checked back through past posts and have rung HAL in Australia. I understand there are 2 outlets in the state room - a US one and a European one.

When checking through my collection of adaptors, I found that I have 2 US varieties - one with 2 flat pins and one with two flat pins and one round. Which one is used on the ship?

Also, in the bathroom, is there a universal shaving point and a separate power point?

Thanks for your help.

When ever you look at a US plug there is two flat openings. Some plugs, usually electronics have a third round prong on them. This third prong is for grounding. You can use a two prong plug on a US outlet with three openings. The Noordam has a three prong out for there US plug.

I've checked back through past posts and have rung HAL in Australia. I understand there are 2 outlets in the state room - a US one and a European one.

When checking through my collection of adaptors, I found that I have 2 US varieties - one with 2 flat pins and one with two flat pins and one round. Which one is used on the ship?

Also, in the bathroom, is there a universal shaving point and a separate power point?

Thanks for your help.

Staterooms all have European and US plugs the US plugs are 2 flat and 1 round pin (see them in this photo) : http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Noordam/6071_Canadianlovecruise-035.jpg

Bathroom has one outlet with 1 Universal plug for RAZOR only (This is on the Oosterdam, but is the same on all the Vista and Signature ships) http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Oosterdam/6177_Joanie-Bathroom-15.jpg

Joanie

Thanks for your help.

Charlie: you can use either adapter on the ship, but if your plug has three prongs, I would recommend using the adapter with the two flat pins and one round pin. The round pin is the one for an electrical "ground".

Yes, in the bathroom there is an outlet on which you can use either a 110v or a 220v razor. IIRC, though, I think that is the only outlet in the bathroom.

Have a great cruise on the beautiful Noordam! :)

Archived