Decorating your door and cabin

Ok, i've completely hijacked this thread! I'm sorry :-/

And i hope you don't mind me completely stealing your AWESOME idea for your guests.... I ended up using picasa because I already had it and the other one wouldn't download on my computer....

I'm also not going to customize it for each room, i just plan on putting our names on all of them.

But wanted your opinion on my first draft..... I will just get some thicker paper and then cut them out and have my MOH hang them up with they deliver the goody bags :-)

Thank you so much for sharing because this is BEYOND what i wanted and absolutely perfect!!!

Life_Saver_clip_art_hight.jpg

Oh I love it! That is so great!! To answer your other question, I used 110lb white cardstock paper I think I got it from Staples. Those are so great, I'm glad my idea could help you out!!

I made a door sign and hung it on our cabin door! I scrapbooked it, using 12x12 cardstock and paper printed off my computer. I used my wedding theme (butterflies) and of course my wedding colors. Attached some $1 butterflies I found at Micheal's. The whole thing was so easy and cheap to make. I used "pop-a-dots" to secure it to the door.

1305390583_cabindoorsign.jpg.8907aaf2bccda96127e0c22762466c60.jpg

I downloaded the life saver for free from here :

http://all-free-download.com/free-vector/vector-clip-art/life_saver_clip_art_23262.html

and then I opened it in my PaintShop Pro program and added the base template. This is the part that said "Heather and Chris are getting hitched!" and "Carnival Paradise, April 4-8, 2011".

I saved that as my 'original' then I just added a name and printed it for each couple or individual sailing with us. The font I used for the "Heather & Chris are getting hitched..." part is called BernhardFashion BT, and for the names, I used Pea Devon Caps.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I am happy to help! :)

This is too cute!!! My guestbook is a life saver so this goes along with the that beautifully!!

Thanks!

Oh I love it! That is so great!! To answer your other question, I used 110lb white cardstock paper I think I got it from Staples. Those are so great, I'm glad my idea could help you out!!

That paper will go thro a regular printer? I tried printing it on regular paper and it looks horrible!

Thanks for sharing and letting us steal this! It doesn't go with anything in my wedding but I don't care, its perfect and my guests are going to love it!!!!

Ok, i've completely hijacked this thread! I'm sorry :-/

And i hope you don't mind me completely stealing your AWESOME idea for your guests.... I ended up using picasa because I already had it and the other one wouldn't download on my computer....

I'm also not going to customize it for each room, i just plan on putting our names on all of them.

But wanted your opinion on my first draft..... I will just get some thicker paper and then cut them out and have my MOH hang them up with they deliver the goody bags :-)

Thank you so much for sharing because this is BEYOND what i wanted and absolutely perfect!!!

Life_Saver_clip_art_hight.jpg

That is SOOOO freakin cute!!!!

I downloaded the life saver for free from here :

http://all-free-download.com/free-vector/vector-clip-art/life_saver_clip_art_23262.html

and then I opened it in my PaintShop Pro program and added the base template. This is the part that said "Heather and Chris are getting hitched!" and "Carnival Paradise, April 4-8, 2011".

I saved that as my 'original' then I just added a name and printed it for each couple or individual sailing with us. The font I used for the "Heather & Chris are getting hitched..." part is called BernhardFashion BT, and for the names, I used Pea Devon Caps.

Let me know if you have any other questions, I am happy to help! :)

Do u have an email? I am having a really difficult time making these print out good! I've enlarged the picture and still when I print it out its all smudgy and looks horrible! I save the picture then put it in word to print, maybe I should just be printing from my editor? I'm just getting so aggravated! Help :-)

I made door hangers for everyone's door that is in our group. Then I bought one of those special "washable paint markers" for on glass and I will be writing our names and 40th Anniversary on the balcony door! But I will be sure and wash the window before we disembark. Now I'm thinking that I should look for that bow at Party City for on our door and change the center to 40th Anniversary Vow Renewal Cruise. Thanks for the idea! I also found a mini air horn at Wal Mart that I thought my granddaughter would get a kick out of for the Sail Away Party on our balcony. (Just thought I would throw that in there!) LOL

I got a magnet for the door and a banner for the balcony! Can't wait to hang them up! The wedding is one month from tomorrow.

Can I ask where you got the banner for the balcony? How will you hang it? Do you think the cruise line will have a problem with hanging it? I think it's a great idea and would love to borrow.

Princess puts balloons and a door decoration up for you. My daughter got married in April and when she returned to her cabin after the ceremony it was all done.

Aww! That's awesome. I kinda wish that I would have been surprised by it but at the same time, MONEY SAVED!!!

I made door hangers for everyone's door that is in our group. Then I bought one of those special "washable paint markers" for on glass and I will be writing our names and 40th Anniversary on the balcony door! But I will be sure and wash the window before we disembark. Now I'm thinking that I should look for that bow at Party City for on our door and change the center to 40th Anniversary Vow Renewal Cruise. Thanks for the idea! I also found a mini air horn at Wal Mart that I thought my granddaughter would get a kick out of for the Sail Away Party on our balcony. (Just thought I would throw that in there!) LOL

I love this idea ! I am borrowing this. We are renewing for our 25th on Destiny 11/14.I am also checking the mini air horns because all our children and grandchildren will be on thier first cruise so this will make such a memory,,,,Thank you for sharing.

Can I ask where you got the banner for the balcony? How will you hang it? Do you think the cruise line will have a problem with hanging it? I think it's a great idea and would love to borrow.

Vistaprint sells banners- some lovely backgrounds and of course you personalize them. Also, they sell the hangers for them. I just wouldn't keep it up while sailing! (Or tack it down really securely)

Archived