DISNEY DREAM detailed review May 5 -8, 2011

FoghornLeghorn

..... We are racking our brains about what to do with a 5 and 3 year old at Nassau. ...... Does anyone have suggestions about a good beach to try. Thanks.

I hope I'm not too late?

You can WALK to the Colonial Hotel and get a Day Pass. Follow the road along the water, past the Straw Market. Can't miss it. Last time we were there it was $15 per person. No food or beverages included... BUT you can use the lounge chairs on the small beach. They supply towels. And there is a Heated Pool. Nice. From the beach you can see all the ships lined up. There is an outdoor bar there.

Reba..... Thank you for the great Disney Dream Review! It is one of the best reviews I have ever read on these boards!

Your personality and humor comes across beautifuly. You had me laughing out loud. Literally!

I've never cruised Disney... the Boarding Passes for your return flight? Is that free or is there a charge?

How did your Friend like being on the high seas?

How did you come up with your "Names"? Is there a list to choose from?

Were you remembered by your name throughout the cruise?

Thanks again for the awesome review.

iRene

Reba..... Thank you for the great Disney Dream Review! It is one of the best reviews I have ever read on these boards!

Your personality and humor comes across beautifuly. You had me laughing out loud. Literally!

I've never cruised Disney... the Boarding Passes for your return flight? Is that free or is there a charge?

How did your Friend like being on the high seas?

How did you come up with your "Names"? Is there a list to choose from?

Were you remembered by your name throughout the cruise?

Thanks again for the awesome review.

iRene

Thank you Renie for the kind words!

The luggage service on the last day was free. (as of May 2011) I've noticed other cruise lines are charging about 20.00 per person for this service.

My friend fell in love with the ship and being on the ocean....just as I had done on my first cruise. I could be one of those people who live on a cruise ship :)

Our names, "Lucy and Ethel", were just for fun....from the TV show *I Love Lucy*

Most people have their real names announced... or their family name. (Welcome aboard to the Johnson Family)

• 4 months later...

Your review was great....loved it! I am taking my granddaughter on Dream July 13th. We booked a VGT and ended up getting a connecting 4A on Deck 9. I am really happy with the cabin, but I was wondering where the connecting door was located?

• 1 month later...
ONBOARD AIRLINE CHECK IN

We signed up for this when we checked in for the cruise.

Our flight was not leaving until 5:00 pm.

(we got a day room at the Hyatt in MCO)

The instructions are in your room on the last afternoon.

There are luggage tags for this.

Also, your boarding passes for your airline.

There are also the regular Disney tags (Tinkerbell, Goofy, etc)

DO NOT put those on the luggage.

Use the Onboard Airline check-in “sticky” ones.

Luggage was to be in the hallway between 8:30 and 10:30 pm on the last evening.

Make sure you have everything you’ll need for the next day, because usually when you set it out in the hall, it’s gone fairly quickly.

Also, remember the things you keep out will have to meet the airline requirements about liquids.

Once they took our luggage from the hall, we didn’t see them again until our home airport. LOVE this!

The next morning, once we got back to the airport, we were able to go straight to security. No need to go to your airlines ticket counter, you already have your boarding passes. And they have your luggage.

All you have to do is wait for your flight with your day bag.

Did you book your air through Disney to take advantage of the check-in and luggage handling?

Did you book your air through Disney to take advantage of the check-in and luggage handling?

No. I always book airfare on my own.

They will leave you information about this in your room.

Usually within the first day or so.

Then you fill out the form and turn it in at Guest Services Desk.

One of the best things they offer!

That is awesome! My least favorite part about leaving the ship is having to figure out the luggage. With RCI you either have to go searching for your luggage afterwards or take it down yourself (and good luck finding an elevator).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

For "late to the party" readers, like me, I understand that the ship-to-aiport luggage check in is only avail. for those using Disney bus transport.

Also, to clarify bathroom info- 1 has sink/tub, 1 has sink/toilet. Alas, no extra toilet.

THANKS Reba! Such great info, and appreciated! Our cruise is this June. So excited.

• 1 month later...
I am taking this cruise this August, the OP has some great insight. So I am guessing any night could be a dress up night? or is it generally the 3rd night?

Ours was the 3rd night. It could have changed by now.

It was so very sweet to see all the families dressed up. Great for family portraits. The majority dressed up and everyone looked so nice.

I have to say....on the Disney cruises I've been on, the kids are very well behaved. Especially in the dining rooms. There's so much to look at and take in...the kids all seem so awe struck.....even this big kid :D

Archived