Playa Uvas or Money Beach

robinsra

We are a family of 4. We have 2 teenage boys. They want to snorkel, I want to lie on the beach. We will get a few drinks and something to eat. We are looking for a less crowded area, there will be 4 ships in port. Both places look good just wondering if anyone has done both. Any thoughts. Thanks

I would recommend going to the placed called "The Money Bar". It was a $8 per taxi rate from the Carnival pier Puerta Maya. It was not crowded and is free to enter. Just remember to buy some beer or food. I had some Dos XXX and guacamole. This is a place where you will see snorkeling boats dropping tours off. Their is plenty of fish and you can also rent snorkel gear if needed.

This place used to be called Dzul Ha. Also, the manager came around and talked to us for a long time. Forget his name but he was very friendly.

I attached a picture, it is a slice of heaven. Will go back there is Oct. Recommended to another 2 couples on the boat and all thanked me for taking them to a quiet and excellent place.

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb355/thescot1234/IMG_2382.jpg

Enjoy

my GF and i were at playa uvas in mid april. best time we had on our entire cruise. the staff is wondeful. the place is perfect if you're looking for a small intimate beach setting. we did the a1 inclusive and just bought lunch on our own, seemed like the better deal for us. we plan on being back next april and this time with our 4 kids. i dont think you can go wrong at all if you decide on playa uvas.

Robinsra,

When are you going? I will be at Playa Uvas June 21 and would be happy to let you know what we thought.

We will be going the end of July. Please post a review when you get back. I'll be watching

Thanks to those who replied

Archived