discount if you get a group to come

Once you book 8 cabins you earn 1 free berth (person).

16 cabins will get you two free berths (people).

Free berths occur at the lowest category booked in the majority. They take the cost of that berth and give you that amount of credit.

You can then take that credit and spread it out among the other people to lower the price for everyone in the group.

You can then take that credit and spread it out among the other people to lower the price.

And this how the TAs have the ability to offer OBC and other perks.

Free berths occur at the lowest category booked in the majority. They take the cost of that berth and give you that amount of credit.

You can then take that credit and spread it out among the other people to lower the price for everyone in the group.

this is NOT a given, there has to be group space still available and not every sailing has them. The free berth is the BASE fare minus the non-commissionable fare and the "free" berth still pays taxes and fees and is based on the category you most have booked. So a $1000 inside fare may only be about 750 or so after all is taken out and that is what you would get back in credit. If you had 4 L insides and 4 E2 balconies, the free berth would fall to the cheapest, the inside.

Also many sailings have GAP points that you can give your group perks like on board credit, wine, etc as a gift.

I posted what I did above because the person asked about a discount, not getting onboard perks.

But there is NOT a discount it is a rebate based on group space and if none is available then no rebate no matter the amount of cabins you have.

So much for trying to help someone with information on how it works.

Call it what you want, in the end a rebate is a discount. I hope I helped the OP understand it.

Sorry if you didn't appreciate my comments, but the OP should not be mislead to think ALL sailings can get the group rebate because that is totally false and you are doing a disservice by leading them to believe otherwise. If there is no group space available then no discount or rebate whatever you want to call it will be given, no matter if they have 8 or 80 cabins. I am a TA and do this daily basis.

So much for trying to help someone with information on how it works.

Call it what you want, in the end a rebate is a discount. I hope I helped the OP understand it.

Sorry to put my 2 cents in - Sue was explaining how a group can receive money back to them for booking 8 cabins and letting the OP know it won't be the full amount due to taxes and other factors. There will be no discount involved. Its very difficult to understand how the cruiselines work this unless you have managed groups over and over. Either way, if you have a group - its best to check with Royal if group space is available - you can move forward from there. Royal will guide you or better yet, get a travel agent to help you. Hope this helps! Only mean well:)

The best advice is to call RCI and get the information she really needs from the source. I don't know why people insist on asking this kind of questions on these boards.

On the interwebs, everyone armed with a keyboard is automatically an expert. :p

Archived