Help!! Are we paying way too much for our Baltic cruise?

poss

Poss, I can only amen was the last few folks have told you. You are on the right line and the right cruise for the right reasons. You won't be disappointed. And from what I can tell, you paid approximately the going rate for your cabin. You are cruising the popular Baltic in prime season. You aren't going to command serious discounts. But YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR. You are paying top dollar. And you will have an experience of a lifetime. Our first high-end cruise was Voyager, 11 perfect days in the Baltic. When we booked, only deck 9 and 10 cabins were available. So we paid full price and we feel we received great value for the dollars we spent. We are hooked hooked hooked. Have a wonderful time!

Patrick

Guest Jancruz

I am surprised in all the above posts no one even mentioned checking out Oceania for the same cruise also a premium line and a lesser price for 14 days..I am a fan of Radisson and have been on many times..but I also love Oceania for the longer cruises..

Jan

Poss: I have been away for a few days (we were at NCAA tourney) and found your post. I agree with most of the earlier messages. You could also check other cruise lines itinerary. When I was deciding, I chose RSSC because it was small (I've been on huge ships with 2200 people and really hated them) with only 700 passengers. I would think that larger ship's excursions would have more people, and how many times are you going to go on this itinerary. Also chose RSSC because it was one of the few lines that spent 3 days in St. Petersburg, and believe me that made a difference. I enjoyed our cruise on RSSC and would book again. I'm thinking about doing the Med.

Mary Lou

Your initial question as I understood it was...Did I get a decent price for this itinerary? From a simple look at reliable travel agency websites, the answer appears to be Yes! Once you achieve the all important past passenger status, you will probably receive all sorts of special offers. But for now you appear to be paying a competitive rate. Comparing RSSC with the mass market ships is like night and day. Yes, your friends may have paid less in the past (although not necessarily in today's market) but they probably ended up with a sizeable bill at the end of the cruise as well. I have to struggle to use up the $300 Am Ex Platinum credit on RSSC! Even if you don't drink alcohol, the included sodas and water can really add up at $5 a pop.

Two years ago I paid an embarassingly low rate for a 14 day RCCL transatlantic and had a great time. Same with two previous HAL transatlantics. However, I am gladly willing to pay more for a RSSC transatlantic because I perceive it to be a better value. It's not "perfect" and things go wrong, but the shipboard frustrations are usually few and far between. Especially with port-intensive cruises like yours, the smaller ships have a real advantage..unless you want to spend most of your port time disembarking and re-embarking. Not to mention the flexible dining options. There is a lot to be said for a quiet dinner on the balcony after a long day ashore! And if you want to mix a drink in the cabin, there's no liquor patrol ready to confiscate the bottle. Plus you'll be sailing with some of the friendliest cruisers to be found!

My vote is to ignore your friends advice and just plan for a fantastic trip. We'll be anxious to hear about your experience on your return.

Archived