Falmouth Appleton Estates

Does anyone know how long the drive is to Appleton Estates now that RCL is docking in Falmouth, Jamaica? I've heard the drive is not very pleasant...is this true? Is Dunn River just as bad?

We did the tour but it left from Montego Bay. it was a long, long day and included a nice buffet lunch served at the Appleton Estates. I must say, it wasn't so much the length of the trip, but the narrow roads and sharp curves and steep hills. The Appleton Estates are high altitude so that is why the trip is the way it is.

I will say the trip is very picturesque and once you reach the estates, that is very scenic. I loved the smell of the warehouse where the barrels of rum are aged. We got to taste the molasses that rum is made form. There is a dear little donkey up there trained to turn some machine.

You will have a chance to taste different kinds of rum and to but some. Some of it is hard to find elsewhere. My husband wasn't familiar with Appelton Rum until that excursion, but now that is his preferred brand.

We did the tour but it left from Montego Bay. it was a long, long day and included a nice buffet lunch served at the Appleton Estates. I must say, it wasn't so much the length of the trip, but the narrow roads and sharp curves and steep hills. The Appleton Estates are high altitude so that is why the trip is the way it is.

I will say the trip is very picturesque and once you reach the estates, that is very scenic. I loved the smell of the warehouse where the barrels of rum are aged. We got to taste the molasses that rum is made form. There is a dear little donkey up there trained to turn some machine.

You will have a chance to taste different kinds of rum and to buy some. Some of it is hard to find elsewhere. My husband wasn't familiar with Appelton Rum until that excursion, but now that is his preferred brand.

We also took this tour. Loved the estate tour. Very entertaining with free time to wander around a little and great photo ops. Lunch was good. Rum was very good. However, the drive there and back was terrible. The drivers races each other up and down the mountain, and the people stand so close to the road you are sure that the driver will hit one of them. The mountain scenery is beautiful, but you are so anxious about the way the drivers are driving that you really can't enjoy it.

Archived