ports with hotel day passes

I'm not sure what board to ask this on...I was trying to figure out what other cruise ports have hotels that offer day passes, similar to Cozumel (all you can eat & drink). I have been searching port by port, but so far, no luck!

I love those beach clubs in Cozumel!! I'm not sure about other ports with that exact option...Nassau has some hotel day passes but I don't know that they include the food and drink...you'd probably have to read through the port of call boards to find out.

Yeah, I searched a few port of call boards (for the ports we'll be at in July) and I was disappointed to see that none of them have such a place. I figured that many ports probably would, but I guess I was sadly mistaken.

I love those beach clubs in Cozumel!! I'm not sure about other ports with that exact option...Nassau has some hotel day passes but I don't know that they include the food and drink...you'd probably have to read through the port of call boards to find out.

For our next cruise we'll be at Grand Turk, Puerto Rico, Carnival's private island in the Bahamas, St. Thomas. I looked into a few other ports randomly but wasn't finding anything like Cozumel has.

I would also assume that most ports have some type of hotel-day-pass.

What ports are you going to?

For our next cruise we'll be at Grand Turk, Puerto Rico, Carnival's private island in the Bahamas, St. Thomas. I looked into a few other ports randomly but wasn't finding anything like Cozumel has.

Well, for sure there won't be any all-inclusive day packages in St. Thomas or San Juan because they are American territories whose official currency is the American dollar (unlike Mexico, which is why you can get such great deals on an AI day pass). Not sure about Grand Turk, but Turks & Caicos is independent and quite up-scale and $$$$, so you won't likely find a daily AI package there. And, just an FYI: You refer to "Carnival's private island in the Bahamas". This would be Half Moon Cay (beautiful, and my favorite!). It's in Eleuthera, Bahamas, and was originally purchased by Holland America and was used exclusively by them for many years (which is why it was so wonderful!). Alas, Carnival Corp. paid $$$$ to include Holland America in its massive conglomerate. HAL, RCI, NCL, and Princess bought their own private islands in the Bahamas many years ago....Carnival did not, which is why they've basically "taken over" Half Moon Cay. You won't like me for saying this, but many of us prefer to have Half Moon Cay remain exclusive to Holland America. Regardless, enjoy your cruise!

Grand Turk was built by, I believe, Carnival. If you want to go into town you must take a cab or rent a golf cart!

There is a free form pool with swim up bar and even a bridge to cross the pool. The beach has lots of palm trees for shade. There is also a flow rider whichis surfing on land. Lots of fun toi watch or do.

There are shops too. My favorite only sells pearls.

You don't need a day hotel pass here!

LoL you selfish HA cruisers! I have heard over and over how beautiful that island is! I have been to CoCo Cay (RC's privtae island) and loved it, so I am very much looking forward to HMC! Thanks for the info!

Well, for sure there won't be any all-inclusive day packages in St. Thomas or San Juan because they are American territories whose official currency is the American dollar (unlike Mexico, which is why you can get such great deals on an AI day pass). Not sure about Grand Turk, but Turks & Caicos is independent and quite up-scale and $$$$, so you won't likely find a daily AI package there. And, just an FYI: You refer to "Carnival's private island in the Bahamas". This would be Half Moon Cay (beautiful, and my favorite!). It's in Eleuthera, Bahamas, and was originally purchased by Holland America and was used exclusively by them for many years (which is why it was so wonderful!). Alas, Carnival Corp. paid $$$$ to include Holland America in its massive conglomerate. HAL, RCI, NCL, and Princess bought their own private islands in the Bahamas many years ago....Carnival did not, which is why they've basically "taken over" Half Moon Cay. You won't like me for saying this, but many of us prefer to have Half Moon Cay remain exclusive to Holland America. Regardless, enjoy your cruise!

Do you know the name of this place?

Grand Turk was built by, I believe, Carnival. If you want to go into town you must take a cab or rent a golf cart!

There is a free form pool with swim up bar and even a bridge to cross the pool. The beach has lots of palm trees for shade. There is also a flow rider whichis surfing on land. Lots of fun toi watch or do.

There are shops too. My favorite only sells pearls.

You don't need a day hotel pass here!

YES! Cozumel has many places like this. The one we chose was all you can eat and drink. This place you ordered off of a menu- some places it is buffett. We also went horseback riding for a small additional fee. It was so relaxing to just order ANYTHING and not have to think about getting a bill at the end. Our group def got our moneys worth :)

Day pases yes all you can drink???

Do you know the name of this place?

It is where the ships dock. Walk down the dock and you are at Margaritteville, shopping area, large public pool, bars, music etc There is also a beach where the ship docks.

Hondorous....... Roatan..... is another area of the same sort.

Reports I've read doing research for our upcoming visit there is that Hondorous Carnival resort area is even nicer than Grand Turk.

LoL you selfish HA cruisers! I have heard over and over how beautiful that island is! I have been to CoCo Cay (RC's privtae island) and loved it, so I am very much looking forward to HMC! Thanks for the info!

You will LOVE HMC!! It's the most beautiful private island of all, and I've been to Coco Cay, Princess Cays, and Great Stirrup Cay (they're all pretty much right next to each other). However, none of them are AI. Food and included drinks (tea, lemonade, ice water) but everything else i$$$$$$ NOT included! You will $ee the$e charge$ on your $hipboard account! Enjoy your cruise!!

We have been to Hondorus twice and loved it!!

It is where the ships dock. Walk down the dock and you are at Margaritteville, shopping area, large public pool, bars, music etc There is also a beach where the ship docks.

Hondorous....... Roatan..... is another area of the same sort.

Reports I've read doing research for our upcoming visit there is that Hondorous Carnival resort area is even nicer than Grand Turk.

Sorry, but Carnival's Mahogany Bay is NOTHING like Grand Turk. Carnival built it and it opended in December, '09. We were there 1st time in January of 2010. The only thing there is a long beach on a VERY close island. You can walk over a long the bridge to get there or, for now, for $10@, take a cable car over and back for the same $10. In the port there are stores (Diamonds International, etc.). If you want to go anywhere you must take a cab.

Last two times there we didn't get of the ship!

that's funny, this is one of our favorite ports!

Sorry, but Carnival's Mahogany Bay is NOTHING like Grand Turk. Carnival built it and it opended in December, '09. We were there 1st time in January of 2010. The only thing there is a long beach on a VERY close island. You can walk over a long the bridge to get there or, for now, for $10@, take a cable car over and back for the same $10. In the port there are stores (Diamonds International, etc.). If you want to go anywhere you must take a cab.

Last two times there we didn't get of the ship!

I've been on Grand Turk with Caribbean Princess twice last May and June. And also I have been on Roatan, Honduras four times this winter, including a Mahogany Beach visit with Crown Princess. Both beaches have their pros and cons. I liked Mahogany because it was safer, and it was a nice beautiful walk to the beach. The beach area had more things to do and was in general cleaner and taken care of. It was much easier to find a shade than on Grand Turk.

Grand Turk's beach is longer and has a more beautiful ocean view... Of course, Grand Turk has more shops plus it has Margaritaville with a huge swimming pool - typical for this restaurant on all islands.

Roatan has a day pass at new condo community at Infinity Beach - you can use a swimming pool and chairs, not sure about drinks... It is nice if you are planning to spend a whole day on that beach. There is also free Wi-fi there.

• 3 weeks later...

Our first time there was before they redid the port, there was no chair life and the area was set-up differently. We spent the day lounging on the beautiful beach and we did a kayak tour. We also got lucky and an employee gave us a personal tour of all of the amazing animals at the park. It was one of the best days I have ever had. Our second time back we went to Fantasy Island, which at first was a HUGE disappointment because it was not at all what the website advertised, but we ended up having a great time there as well.

How do you spend your time on Mahogany Bay? Maybe we're missing something!

I'm confused. Are there animals at Mahogany Bay? Where are they? We have been there 3 or 4 times and never heard or saw any animals except a bird or two. When were you there? WE were there in January and they opened the month before in December. The Chair lift was there ($5) then. Next time there we probaly won't get off the ship!

When we were there the first time it was in June 2008. There was no chair lift at all and the beach was set-up differently. We paid for an all day beach excursion, which included use of the beach & chairs, along with an hour or so of a kayaking trip. There was this huge beautiful plant thing that we were looking at and we noticed a cage kind of to the side of the building, so we walked over. There were two cages and two animals. A few minutes later a man came over to take care of the animals. He was very nice and took the animals out, let us pet them, take pictures, etc. He bearly spoke any English, but explained that one was a Sloth and the other a kalamundi (sp?). Then he walked us down the dock and showed us lots of big turtles and took huge starfish from the water to let us touch. I don't know what the animals were there for, or if people normally get to see them so upclose, but we felt very lucky that day and had an amazing time!

I'm confused. Are there animals at Mahogany Bay? Where are they? We have been there 3 or 4 times and never heard or saw any animals except a bird or two. When were you there? WE were there in January and they opened the month before in December. The Chair lift was there ($5) then. Next time there we probaly won't get off the ship!

Archived